AirTV adapter compatible with Emby

jntaylor1701

jntaylor1701

Good afternoon all,

I am one set away from getting Emby ready for Live TV but still thinking about what type of tuner to get.  I know most go with HDHR but I am also looking at the AirTv network tuner from Sling.  (Not the Sling / Android TV box)  It has a two OTA tuners, a USB port and network connection and will link into the Android TV Sling app.

https://www.airtv.net/products/airtv/

I like the idea of having OTA mixed into my sling and also the ability to watch TV if my emby server went down or to let Emby do the recording while we watch another show.  (At some point Sling will offer a DVR for the OTA shows, but it is way delayed.

Would this hardware work with emby?  Anyone tried it out?

Hi.  It isn't going to work with Emby at this moment (unless one of our already supported 3rd party systems like NextPVR supports it) as we'd need to write an interface to their API and, of course, they would need to publish a public API.

I looked but could not find any information on if they plan to do that so we'd need to contact the company to see.

Spend the $150 and get an HDHomeRun Quatro which has 4 tuners.

You can use this with Emby or many other apps.   It has software you can download on most operating systems and devices (phones, tablets) that allow you to watch TV over your network or WIFI in your home as well as via DLNC.  It's a super versatile piece of hardware!

I've got both the Quatro (OTA) and Prime(s) (cable) setup to use OTA for all the channels it has available then the Prime for cable channels not available over OTA. Any of the apps setup to use the HDHomeRun (including Emby) find the channels and use them correctly.  I also have IPTV setup for additional channels which I use and record from but IPTV isn't as reliable of course.