Making last.fm the only scraper for music

Popeye2468

Popeye2468

Hi is there a way to set last.fm as the only scraper for music as musicbrainz is just plain awful, even if there is a way to stop musicbrainz from working?

Popeye2468

Yeah, and turned everything off except for last.fm but emby still links music brainz, the problem I'm facing is I have changed all tags in my music so it shows as folder artist say "Eminem" both "artist" and "album artist" but yet emby still creates another 400 artists that appear on those albums, and I know this is down to music brainz, as I hate using it for tagging as it just guesses the albums and does it wrong every time, much better using discogos in media monkey or MP3 tag, so now after adding all 659 artists that I have into emby, music brainz has created 2,700 artists and three quarters of which have no metadata which after tagging all my music which took ages I now have to sort over 2,000 artists I didn't want, so I want to completely disable music brainz so that it cannot operate at all if possible

Popeye2468

So is there a way to disable it completely? Maybe even delete it all together?

Popeye2468

This is making my music library unusable, Plex doesnt do this, but it seems no matter what the settings, music brainz wants to scan my music, but i dont want it to, i spent days editing my music tags for emby but it has made no difference at all.

Please help me disable this awful tagger, i think it ould be an idea to have it as a third party option as im sure it will be ruining other peoples library as well

Popeye2468

I have been sat in front of my pc trying to setup my perfectly tagged music library now for 4 days, but music brainz has continued to destroy eveything i do, all i want to do is put my music into emby and i dont want music brainz to scan it, i have spent hours tagging it so why would i want music brainz to tag it.  I never use music brainz tagger as it is so GUESSY! it has no clue what its doing, it looks for an album gets it then it looks for the other albums and places the songs on that album accross 12 different albums, which you the have to sort.  Its very time consuming.

You add music to plex it only uses your tags, you could tag them as "dip dop dee" and it will scan it in your library as that. 

As you can see i have a pure HATRED for music brainz as it has messed up my library so many times 

I understand that some people will like this feature that invents 38 artists for every 1 but i do not and i really want to disable it

I have had enough of sitting here trying to figure this out

Please for the love of god can someone help me to disable it

Popeye2468

Starting a new topic so i can get this issue fixed

I want to disable music brainz completely as even if i turn it off in the library settings it still scans my media a nd create 2000 artists that i didnt want

please help me disable this

PenkethBoy

Couple of things

1. turn off MusicBrainz in your library settings page - if you have not done so already - then shutdown emby

2.delete any nfo's in your Music library folder and subfolders

3. also delete any artist folders under ..\metadata\artists - see Emby server dashboard for full path

4.restart emby and refresh the metadata (replace all metadata) on your Music Library

That should clear you out any MB references

Correct, just turning off the metadata provider isn't going to delete any existing metadata that you already have.

• 5 months later...
Richard Branches

Couple of things

1. turn off MusicBrainz in your library settings page - if you have not done so already - then shutdown emby

2.delete any nfo's in your Music library folder and subfolders

3. also delete any artist folders under ..\metadata\artists - see Emby server dashboard for full path

4.restart emby and refresh the metadata (replace all metadata) on your Music Library

That should clear you out any MB references

I followed this instructions but I don't see any artist pictures or metadata about them using Last.fm, am I doing something wrong or am I missing something here:

5c3e9951a3ed2_lastfm.png

Edited by delacosta78

Richard Branches

Did you install the last.fm plugin?

Yes but after doing more tests I realized the artists photos appeared when FanArt is activated otherwise none of the plugins will get them, unless of course something is broken here.

I think it just means that fanart has more images. Make sure your music artists have music brainz id's, because that's what we use to look them up with on lastfm.