User logging in and authenticating without knowing it?!

MindBullet

MindBullet

Hey there again,

I've noticed that a user on my server is logging in pretty much every 15 minutes without knowing it. My Emby dashboard is full of her. Sometimes she "logs in" every 2-3 minutes. I asked her and she said that she doesn't even touch the app (she hasn't found out what beauty emby is yet). So I'd like to know is this a Server mistake and it's just showing wrong or is something wrong with the android app?!

post-334310-0-31765300-1532669820_thumb.png

post-334310-0-12914700-1532669831_thumb.png

It's due to the android apps' background sync process. It is nothing to worry about. It is something we will look at eliminating in the future. Thanks.

darkassassin07

The android app used to be really notorious (for me at least) for maintaining connection / re-connecting to the server when it is still in recent apps and not actually closed. This had clients that hadn't been touched in days still displayed in the dashboard as active 5 min ago.

I haven't had this issue in a couple versions, but I wonder if it's something similar.

MindBullet

It's due to the android apps' background sync process. It is nothing to worry about. It is something we will look at eliminating in the future. Thanks.

Okay that's good to hear! I was worried about a security lag or something. Thank you Luke, once again :)

The android app used to be really notorious (for me at least) for maintaining connection / re-connecting to the server when it is still in recent apps and not actually closed. This had clients that hadn't been touched in days still displayed in the dashboard as active 5 min ago.

I haven't had this issue in a couple versions, but I wonder if it's something similar.

Hey darkassassin07, yeah exactly. While I read your post I saw another user being marked "online" and most definitely isn't. The server states him as authenticated every x minutes too. As Luke said this could be eliminated in the future eventually, so that's good to hear. I'm just glad there isn't something wrong with emby's security :)

• 4 months later...
darkassassin07

@@Luke

Have you guys had a chance to look into this recently?

I have a user who started using the android app a week ago, and every 15min without fail since he installed it I get 'USER has successfully authenticated' in the recent activity log. If no one else uses the server for a day or two, it's literally pages and pages and pages of that exact same notification even though said user hasnt been actively using the app.

Emby for android v3.0.26