New Kinect for Windows arrives this summer

Starkadius

trooper11

Combine this with the chance to leverage Kinect for voice and gestures on the X1 when they allow for a native MB app and you have some great potential for chef's work brining this control to MB.

• Like 1

Starkadius

Microsoft opening up Windows Store app development to Kinect for Windows

The Kinect SDK is getting a welcome update that will enable developers to package their apps for the Windows Store. They’ll also be adding in support for the ever-popular Unity engine, improved accuracy, and the ability to run multiple Kinect apps simultaneously.

I am guessing the Windows 8.1 MB app can have Kinect support at some point if implemented.

Source 

• Like 1

trooper11

Microsoft opening up Windows Store app development to Kinect for Windows

I am guessing the Windows 8.1 MB app can have Kinect support at some point if implemented.

Source 

that is great news.  Maybe the MB developers can collaborate a little and bring Kinect support to the Win 8/RT app.

TerryMc

From first impressions many announcements from 'Build' like the "Universal Apps" concept looks very promising for MB going forward, even if support for Xbox One will be a bit.

MB Clients/plugins that can work on all MS platforms seems like a great idea from a users point of view

chef

that is great news. Maybe the MB developers can collaborate a little and bring Kinect support to the Win 8/RT app.

Would you be interested in testing mbkinect with window rt/8

trooper11

Would you be interested in testing mbkinect with window rt/8

Sure, I can do some testing in my free time if its needed.

• 1 month later...
trooper11

Not to bump an old thread, but this looks like the best one to share this info:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.298810500

$199 and comes out July the 15th

If I remember correctly, that is cheaper than the Kinect V1 for Windows was, so that's good news.  I will be very tempted to upgrade to this for my HTPC setup.  With all of chef's hard work, I can't wait to see how better hardware can make that work even more valuable.