Library scans taking a while, logs attached

jachin99
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

jachin99

my library scans are taking quite a while to complete, and It appears as though I am missing some coverart for many of my files.  I have emby configured to generate .nfo files, and place artwork inside of folders.  I have kodi setup to a point, and I have the kodi sync plugin installed on the server.  Peeking at these logs, emby appears to be trying to update kodi one file at a time.  It should be noted that I am not getting cover art for all of my files in every client, I.E. spiderman for example is missing poster.jpg, and the coverart for that movie doesn't show up in any of the clients.  Here are some logs hopefully.

embyserver.txt

• Solution

Hi there, to improve the performance of your library scan, try removing the following plugins:

2018-07-25 15:37:23.735 Info App: Loading AutoBoxSets, Version=1.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\AppSrv\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\AutoBoxSets.dll
2018-07-25 15:37:23.735 Info App: Loading CoverArt, Version=4.0.79.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\AppSrv\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\CoverArt.dll
2018-07-25 15:37:23.735 Info App: Loading Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue, Version=2.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\AppSrv\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.dll
2018-07-25 15:37:23.735 Info App: Loading Lastfm, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\AppSrv\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\Lastfm.dll
2018-07-25 15:37:23.735 Info App: Loading MovieThemeVideos, Version=1.5.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\AppSrv\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\MovieThemeVideos.dll
2018-07-25 15:37:23.735 Info App: Loading YTrailers, Version=1.5.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\AppSrv\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\YTrailers.dll

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1

jachin99

Before I start, I should specify that I mispoke.  Metadata refreshes were taking a long time, and they didn't grab the files I expected as mentioned above.  So I backed up emby, removed said plugins, and I also removed the screen grabber, and OMDB as metadata providers for my movie library.  I then performed a manual library scan from the scheduled tasks, added, a few plugins, scanned again, and repeated this process until I had all of my plugins back.  I never re-added the OMDB or Screen grabber as metadata providers.  I also made my own log on how long each scan took, and below are the results.  These are the time advertised in the emby settings screen. 

Scan 1 - 1m 40sec
   Installed Plugins:Backup, IMVDB, Podcasts, Cinema Mode
Scan 2 - 3m 38sec
    Plugins: All above + Box sets, Cover art
Scan 3 - 42sec
    Plugins: All above + Movie theme videos, YTrailers
Scan 4 - 40sec
    Plugins: All above + Kodi sync

So it was metadata refreshes that appeared to be taking a long time.  After I removed the plugins, OMDB & the screengrabber I noticed new folder.jpg files in my media folders.  The problem I wanted to figure out was why Emby wasn't downloading all of the proper images but after removing the plugins it seems like the problem is fixed.