Roku and Emby Broken

x88dually

x88dually

Woke up, grabbed roku remote, clicked on Emby, went straight to emby server screen. Tryed to click on server names, tryed to log on manually, Nothing. Cant get into either Emby server from Either Roku. WTH ??

Pc's Tablets phones and fireTv's can watch Emby, but not Roku's.

Edited by x88dually

x88dually

Woke up, grabbed roku remote, clicked on Emby, went straight to emby server screen.

yes, both auto update

Tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling emby already, so latest version of emby is installed.

Edited by x88dually

Sorry but it is simply not possible for us to continue to move forward and also keep every version of every app compatible with every past version of the server.

Thanks.

x88dually

i dont use live tv or emby connect, , emby is in my network, not yours

I've removed your post due to profanity as this is a family friendly environment.

We're sorry for the inconvenience of having to update. It's not something you'll have to do all the time but you will need to once in a while.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

These things happen.

Woke up today, internet didn't work. went to att forums left them some nice hate. changing to comcast tomorrow.

*** three days later...

Woke up today. again no internet. switching to cans and strings internet tomorrow.

It's Murphy's law. What can go wrong will. What device/item/thing will go wrong today? Its a game.

Eventually, things will work again sometimes without intervention. The internet will work again, after an outage. Without doing anything. Doing something and later finding the internet works is anecdotal. Doing nothing would yield same result.

In the case of the emby app. Doing nothing is the right thing to do. Wait until they figure out the hangup, and just go about your day. Leaving disturbing posts for others to read only makes you look off kilter.

Until then.. use the Blue Neon night app, it works, its using the old sdk framework, so isn't as pretty, but it is an alternative to use besides going to the P-word universe. So be kind, rewind, take pause before leaving comments you may later regret making. ;)

His issue was with compatibility with an old server version - not the other hangup problem.

x88dually

luke, there was no profanity, thats why all the special characters  !!!!!

luke, no one likes updates being shoved down their throats the way microsoft does it, so now ur microsofts little whimpy brother. ( NO PROFANITY )

speechless, going about my day kinda disabled, all i have is tv (cant do much else ).

its theyre fault it stopped working because the version has been running for how many months now w/o a problem, but they just created a new problem for me, which is b$ (is that profanity ?)

i know i'm 1/2 a nut job, i can admit it.  lol

my comments are thought out and rewritten more then a few times before they get  posted, except for typos.

His issue was with compatibility with an old server version - not the other hangup problem.

Then his issue was self imposed. For some reason people have the idea that updates are bad. Letting others touch your stuff to update it is bad. When really, its just your roku. It isn't hacking into the gibson and tipping over oil tankers. Emby is already running on their PC/server so to think they have any control over things after using emby on their system is sort of self defeating in itself. You can limit what can happen since the server can be controlled, but roku the company, they have other ideas. When a roku sees an internet connection it will try to update. To blame emby for the roku updating is like blaming emby when the internet goes down. You can't put time in a bottle. Time always updates unfortunately. This post is already old the moment I posted it.

Edited by speechles

I apologize again for the inconvenience. You will not be required to update every time, but once in a while you may have to.

RobWayBro

Love the product, update when the stable is released and have had almost no problems, and the VERY few I have had, the admins resolved within a very short amount of time.  Great group...