3.0.2 no play buttons on any tiles

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

When on the home screen, or most other places, the play button in the bottom right of tiles (shows, movies, episodes, etc) is gone. Intentional? I miss it already... :/

Edited by darkassassin07

Well I took a look at many other media playing apps and found that it was more common to tap hold for a context menu. What do you think?

darkassassin07

Especially on the 'next up' section the play button on the tile was really nice to quickly start shows with a single click.

Its less important on the actual library view I guess, but I always used those buttons.

darkassassin07

Yes, its a somewhat minor thing, but that requires a long press and a second tap/click as opposed to one quick button to start.

But hey, that's me. Im lazy. Anyone else have an opinion on this one?

Try out the latest beta. There's a little push zoom effect to help make the context menu a little more obvious. Thanks.

darkassassin07

It is a little more obvious I guess.

It was more about the ability to scroll through a list of movies or shows and start one with a single click/tap. Something I had gotten used to doing suddenly disappeared, but I hadn't read any complaints about it or anything :/

It's more consistent with the web app where you can click the center of a tile to immediately play

What do you think about style settings for tiles? (not sure what you call them...)

Things like whether or not the played indicator or play button are there. How or if the title, year, or possibly other info is displayed.

Edited by darkassassin07

Settings are always possible, yes, and in fact some screens already let you customize the poster text. It just hasn't' been added to all screens yet.