update is bugged do i need to do fresh install?

KingOfTheHaggi
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

KingOfTheHaggi

Hi

i tried to update to latest version of emby just now kept asking several time for me to do it but it says it has done it but it still only registers as .0.0 instead of .1.0 which it says is the update (screen shot hopefully attached and logs) is my install now bugged and do i need to reinstall everything.  dont really want to reinstall everything incase it loses the progress of were i am in tv series.

i did try an episode after it said it updated and still got same skipping issue which is why i am now posting here.

edit:

cancelled all my running tasks and rebooted pc now shows as 1.0 (new log attached if it is need if not still there) skipping also seems to be sorted at the mo also so a big thank you for speedy update

post-320624-0-04779200-1532432841_thumb.png

embyserver.txt

embyserver.txt

Edited by KingOfTheHaggi

Hi.  What shows as "1.0"?

What I see in those two logs is a successful update from 3.5.0 to 3.5.1.

• Solution

hi @@KingOfTheHaggi, something must have been holding a lock on the server folder preventing the update from succeeding. Rebooting cleared this and that's why it succeeded after that. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

KingOfTheHaggi

Hi.  What shows as "1.0"?

What I see in those two logs is a successful update from 3.5.0 to 3.5.1.

when i say 1.0 i mean 3.5.1.0 i just left the 3.5 out if you look in screen shot i posted before the update on the post the sever version was showing as 0.0 on the left but it said it had updated to 1.0 on the right but did not show until i rebooted and just marked luke as best answer to try and now close sai thread cant figure out how.