Win8 App Feature Requests

icthusman1

icthusman1
  • Not sure if I am just missing this or if the app is missing it, but some sort of in-app search would be great. Scrolling through the list of Artists or Albums in the Music section is getting old.
  • Playlists would be great. Not add to now playing. Playlists that persist. Not having them kinda defeats the point of using the app for listening to music. I understand this may be a limitation of the server and not the app, but since I don't know I thought I would bring it up.
  • A link to Now Playing from within deeper inside the Music view. As it stands now, if I am just at the main Music page I can right click (or swipe on a tablet) and get a button for Now Playing. If I drill into an Artist then that button is gone. If I go further and add music to Now Playing and then want to go see my Now Playing list I have to go up a couple of levels or go Home first. Apparently, this just takes a while before the link shows. When I was testing while writing this post it wasn't working. Then as I was doing more testing (while still writing the post) it all of a sudden was showing.
  • Shuffle!!!!

Thanks for the great work on the app!

Guest mitelman

Something else that would be nice is the ability to "sort" the home screen. I don't have much for movies and would prefer TV shows to display first. Maybe the ability to toggle the "nextup" and "new episodes" as well.

Loving the play to functionality!