Updated now "Access Denied"

Matt832

Matt832

Sometimes I get frustrated with stuff like this.  Got a notice to update.  Shut down the server, applied the update, now I have NO access to Emby - "Access Denied".  Really don't feel like deleting and reinstalling it, any easy answer?  Or just move on. 

Running 3 servers trying to decide on what to stick with Serviio, Plex Emby.  So far Emby has been the most problematic.  Plex is sort of in the lead with the regular TV grid, though it's not rolled out to my Roku TV yet.  The first to do that will get my money and allegiance.

Edited by Matt832

Matt832

Thanks for the quick response.

On the web interface.

I logged out of Mint and back in, no difference.  Just rebooted the whole system and now I have access.  So problem solved.  Hate rebooting my system to do this, I run months at a time without a reboot.

Though one problem still persists, my browser times out waiting for Emby to load.  Often have to hit refresh 3, 4 or more times to get it to load.

I'm glad you were able to sort it out and I apologize for the frustration. Would you mind attaching the emby server log? that will allow me to look at possible reasons for the web interface timing out. You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks !

Matt832

I'd be glad to attach the file, it's massive, but on my Linux Mint system no matter what I try I cannot find it.  Where are the logs stored?

I've tried  /var/lib/emby/logs  nothing.  I've tried it as Root also, nothing.

OK, opened log in browser, copied and pasted to a .txt file   I see no way to attach it...

Edited by Matt832

@@Matt832

Ok this is just in relation to the realtime monitor. This will not stop you from using Emby. Notice here:

2018-07-24 03:00:46.285 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /home/matt/Sabnzbd work
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.5.0.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 4.4.0.67
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/home/matt/Sabnzbd work/gcd test disk/GCD_MKV' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException
	No Stack Trace Available
	InnerException: System.IO.IOException
	System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

And it looks like a permissions error that you'll need to resolve. The emby system user doesn't have access to the path mentioned in the error. If you resolve that, then this error should stop happening.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !