Check for application updates failed

marcinsko

marcinsko

After the last update to emby 3.5 on my synolody ds216play, I have constantly this Alert.

And plugins do not load properly as well as there is the same alert about plugins update.

When I click on Alert info I can see partly something like this:

System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00008] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[TResult].GetResult () [0x00000] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0 at MediaBrowser.Common.Updates.GithubUpdater+d__3.MoveNext () [0x000f6] in :0 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x0003e] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00028] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00008] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[TResult].GetResult () [0x00000] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0 at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost+d__382.MoveNext () [0x00136] in <2ffcef5e7afa4820adabddd39d6ca745>:0 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x0003e] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00028]

Server logs attached.

Help please.

Cheers

ServerLog.txt

It looks like your machine is having a problem communicating with api.github.com. the request is just timing out. I would try it again later.

If the issue remains then you may have something on your machine that it blocking the connection.

marcinsko

Hmm I looked and I can not find what is going on, I have VPN on synology, but was OK, any suggestion, please?

Just of topic question: I have HDHomeRun and to use DVR function I need to buy the subscription. However, If I have Emby premier, I do not need it and still can use emby DVR function do I. I want to avoid double payment.

Cheers

However, If I have Emby premier, I do not need it and still can use emby DVR function do I

You only need Emby Premiere, not both. 

As far as updates go, can you try without the VPN?

marcinsko

Yeah, without VPN updates are coming through without alerts. So what to do with VPN I need it?

I'm not familiar with your VPN setup, but you may need to adjust settings for it to allow contact with api.github.com.

marcinsko

Thanks, at least I know what to look for so I will solve it by myself.

Cheers

dgrigo

Have the same problem, all was fine before 3.2 , as i had VPN for years.. but for the life of me can't find a solution anymore, i connect to update server but no way to connect to plugins

• 2 weeks later...

Hei,

Sorry for late reply. Here is the Log.

Hi, the server is unable to communicate with https://emby.media

Most likely you have something blocking the connection, so I would check on that. Thanks.

Gohlas

Hei Luke,

I checked the firewall (add permission to emby app and also disabling firewall), permissions and everything that I could find. There is nothing in the NAS blocking the site or emby app.

Tried to ping emby.media from telnet it was everything ok.

I just moved from the windows version and everything is working fine on the windows version. But on NAS there is no connection. I remember when I first installed the emby on NAS and tried to sync to my user via Emby connect, i got this connection problem, but it worked after sometime.

So I reinstalled emby and the problem is back.

Do you suggest anything else that I can have try to check?

I will attach the server log of the new installation.

Thanks

Lognew.txt

Gohlas

Are you running a VPN?

No, I am not using VPN.

Just bought the NAS, installed emby and some more apps and basic configurations (port forwarding, IP, firewall)

No other big changes.

No, I am not using VPN.

Just bought the NAS, installed emby and some more apps and basic configurations (port forwarding, IP, firewall)

No other big changes.

I'm on the same boat but with QNAP device :(

dgrigo

@ luke

I Come back after a month struggling alone to find the solution...

So my synology is cleared from vpn but my problem persist, that made me take a look at main IP tables.

Found out i had an unknown address in the 192.168 range that was a tunneling interface, to help others, take a look at main ip table in your system, you will find an unknown interface in the 192.168 range (tun1000).

Further investigation on this, lead me to disable synology quickconnect service that was using a tunneling.

When i got back to Emby update was working fine.

Can you make something to correct this problem, if you need further info etc, i am giving all you need... for now, what i will suggest is all ppl to disable the QuickConnect service, if they want, or else live with the problem.

Now i will test what happens if i add vpn, etc.

Maybe a bind to a specific interface will work if we had the option for that in update servers?

Thanks

Dinos

Log.txt

• Like 1

Gohlas

@ luke

I Come back after a month struggling alone to find the solution...

So my synology is cleared from vpn but my problem persist, that made me take a look at main IP tables.

Found out i had an unknown address in the 192.168 range that was a tunneling interface, to help others, take a look at main ip table in your system, you will find an unknown interface in the 192.168 range (tun1000).

Further investigation on this, lead me to disable synology quickconnect service that was using a tunneling.

When i got back to Emby update was working fine.

Can you make something to correct this problem, if you need further info etc, i am giving all you need... for now, what i will suggest is all ppl to disable the QuickConnect service, if they want, or else live with the problem.

Now i will test what happens if i add vpn, etc.

Maybe a bind to a specific interface will work if we had the option for that in update servers?

Thanks

Dinos

Hei Dinos,

That really works.

Since I had no much config in my server, I reinstalled the DSM on friday evening, then it worked fine until today morning when I came back to work and access it through Quick connect. Then the problem started again.

Just disabled the Quickconnect and problem goes away and all plugins are working fine, except the opensubtitle.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Now I just need to figure out why I cannot connect to the opensubtitle website, it looks some DNS problem. I can ping the opensubtitle IP but when ping opensubtitle.org I get error on response.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help! I was almost giving up on the Emby synology version and going back to windows. But now there is no need.

:D

dgrigo

@@Luke , no its not open by default, but many use it for the convenience it gives.

what is quickconnect ?

QuickConnect allows client applications to connect to your Synology NAS via the Internet without the hassle of setting up port forwarding rules. QuickConnect can also work with Synology-developed packages, such as Audio Station, Video Station, Download Station, Surveillance Station, Photo Station, File Station, Note Station, CMS, Cloud Station, and mobile applications.

/wave