Mark individual episodes for re-record

kevlar2010

kevlar2010

This one may be a bit out there, but I have to think I may not be the only one in this position.

Often times I record a series of TV I like (or a movie) via live tv, download it from the server, cut out commercials, re-encode it (from mpeg2 to mpeg4), and then re-upload it into either my TV or Movies storage as is appropriate.

However, as is a danger when recording from live TV, you don't always get as good of a copy as you would like to have. Sometimes things get cut off because of timing or there are weather alerts in the broadcast. I still keep these as having the media in a degraded format is still better than not having it.

Right now, to combat this I have to tell live tv to record all episodes, even the ones already in my library. This results in a lot of times that I record shows that I just immediately delete because I don't need them while I wait for the episodes I do want to come around again. I've even built a small spreadsheet to help me keep track of things that I need to re-record.

It would be great if I could go into the library and mark and episode for re-recording, in which case, if that particular episode (or movie) were to come up again in live tv, it would go ahead and record it, regardless of any other live tv recording settings for that series. That way I could tell live tv recordings to skip what's in my library, but then if I needed to re-grab a copy of a particular episode, I could do so from within the library and override the live tv recording setting.

samuelqwe

Episodes could also be automatically re-recorded if a recording fails and the show happens to air at a later time. It would be a very useful feature to be able to re-record certain episodes.

• Like 1