V3.5 crash

psmc

Ok Haven't got time to post this in the right place lads, so take it out if you need to. Emby v 3.5 plugins are broken. You may know this already it crashes the server and theater if looking for a certain folder (boxsets here). Missing movies and entire folders(boxsets). It was ONLY resolved by removing the active plugins 3 used here were Coverart, imdb? and a subs plugin.

After removal all folders filled out and resumed playback normally. Emby server stopped crashing and completed a "restart emby server" command without an error screen or crash (something that hasn't happened since v3.5 went live.The end.

Happy2Play

Have you searched the forum as there are several topics saying the exact same thing.  Logs tell more information but stay tuned for 3.5.1. :)

Edited by Happy2Play

CoverArt should not be causing a crash and there is no IMDb plug-in but some really old plug-ins and the theme video/song ones were a problem.

I apologize for your experience with this. We're going to improve this so that plugins that are known to cause this sort of problem will be blocked from loading. Thanks.

bcm00re

Not sure what version I was running (I did have auto-update on), but my emby server won't run more than a minute without stopping/crashing.  I rebooted several times and even installed 3.5.1.0 over the existing install -- but still get the same thing.  When I try to restart the server from the system trap it gives an error saying unable to restart.  I first notice this problem with Emby this past Sunday evening.  I believe I was watching shows on emby the weekend before that without issue.  

bcm00re

Have you searched the forum as there are several topics saying the exact same thing.  Logs tell more information but stay tuned for 3.5.1. :)

3.5.1.0 does NOT fix the problem.

Also what is the contents of this directory?

C:\Users\moore\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\plugins

Thanks.

bcm00re

That folder has:  Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll, IMVDb.dll, and OpenSubtitles.dll

I removed all files, but Emby Server still won't restart.  I even reboot after doing it, but still the same thing.

Is it possible to go back to version 3.4 (and wait until 3.5 is really ready for release)?

Edited by bcm00re

bcm00re

I seriously doubt I can get that far (library scan) before the server bombs out.

I have not added any new things to my library in months.

Edited by bcm00re

bcm00re

I went back to 3.4.1.0 and don't seem to be having any problems now. 

I turned off auto-updates for now...actually I think I am going to leave it off from here on out.  This isn't the first time a new release has gotten me -- last time it caused me to not record the first episode of X-Files Season 11 (so I have to pay to watch it instead).

Edited by bcm00re