Fresh install. Library scan keeps hanging.

Zigian

Zigian

Did a fresh install on Ubuntu server 18.04 LTS.  Emby version 3.5.0.0.  It seems the ffprobe will come across files that cause it to hang.  I ran the scan on my movie library with debugging on to identify which files caused it to hang.  If I remove those files, it eventually completed.  Well, same thing is happening on my tv shows and I really don't want to have to move all that crap around.

So, I thought maybe it's Ubuntu since it's a new release.  I went ahead and set up Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS and emby 3.5.0.0.  I'm running into the same problem.  What is the most recent stable release in 3.4 where this won't happen?  I've attached my server log.  You'll see it scans then just stops scanning.  In the dashboard it shows 86.6% for over 24hrs.

Emby server was working fine when I tested it out on Windows.  I'm not sure what version I installed then, but it was about 5 months ago.  It scanned my library no problem.  THe only reason I decided to go linux is I wanted to set up a stand alone box instead of using my main pc for it.

embyserver.txt

Zigian

Any thoughts on this?  I let it go since I posted and it never budged.  It was still stuck at 86.6 as of a few hours ago.  So I grudgingly hit the cancel scan button, and well, it sat at "Stopping" until i had to go to work(at least an hour later).

I notice you've setup your emby libraries with either smb or unc paths. As a test, can you try mounting those network shares to a local folder in the OS, and then add the local folders to Emby instead?

I'm running on a theory that there's a hangup somewhere in libsmb for ffmpeg so this will take that out of the equation. Thanks.

• Like 1

Zigian

Happy to report that this worked!

I set up a new install, again, lol.  I mounted the network share via NFS to a local folder.  Kicked off the scan and it went off without a hitch.  Thanks Luke!