Samsung TV access issues

RLG59RD

RLG59RD

Hi Chaps, 

Hope you can help - im currently running Emby on a Windows 10 Pro pc, but keep loosing access to my two Samsung TV apps, they say they cannot access the server? Other users on my share, have no problems with access only me, who actual hosts the server?

Regards

Rob

Hi, you host the Emby Server. Is your Emby Server running and connected to the network when you try to run the Samsung app?

RLG59RD

I have removed the sever three times and it seemed to cure the connections issues temporarily and then after a week, the apps cannot find the server internally. As i said external users do not have an issue?

Perhaps your server lan ip address changed. Try connecting in the app by manually entering the server ip address.

RLG59RD

It is running okay at the moment, after re-installing again Luke. However when it fails, it will not connect even with the IP address (manual install). It lasts about 3/4 days then fails?

Rob

RLG59RD

Another thing that happens on my Samsung 40 inch TV, via the Emby app, is that playback jumps forward sporadically 5 mins for no reason. Playback doesn't stutter, it just jumps forward?

Rob  

maegibbons

Another thing that happens on my Samsung 40 inch TV, via the Emby app, is that playback jumps forward sporadically 5 mins for no reason. Playback doesn't stutter, it just jumps forward?

Rob  

Similar Samsung issue reported here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60874-cant-update-to-3500/page-2&do=findComment&comment=600200

Krs

Mark

RLG59RD

Hi Guys, 

Thanks for the update maegibbons - have we got a timescale for the new server update, as i cannot use the program on my TV at all at the moment?

Regards 

RLG

Happy2Play

Rob  

Is this related?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60368-34123-samsung-app-official-is-skipping

Happy2Play

Hi , 

As reported here - https://emby.media/c...e-2#entry600200

There is a fix expected in the next server up date - it is that, that i have asked over an expected date?

Regards

Rob

Don't know exactly, but the other link said their issue was resolved with App update.  So is the issue the App or the Server?  Only you can test that.

Edited by Happy2Play

RLG59RD

The app is the most recent, it has only just(last week) up dated and since the update, the problem started. I cannot side load apps on the tv or return it to previous versions, it only applies the newest version?

Regards

Rob

We will be issuing a 3.5.1 Emby server release to deal with the playback issue. thanks.