Library refresh failed

t1tin
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

When I run a media library refresh, the process stops immediately and the Scan media library failed alert appears.

Here is the error message:

(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options) at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntries(String path) at MediaBrowser.Controller.IO.FileData.GetFilteredFileSystemEntries(IDirectoryService directoryService, String path, IFileSystem fileSystem, IServerApplicationHost appHost, ILogger logger, ItemResolveArgs args, Int32 flattenFolderDepth, Boolean resolveShortcuts) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.CreateResolveArgs(IDirectoryService directoryService, Boolean setPhysicalLocations) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.CollectionFolder.RequiresRefresh() at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RefreshMetadata(BaseItem item, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.RefreshMetadata(MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.RefreshChildMetadata(BaseItem child, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, Boolean recursive, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.RefreshMetadataRecursive(List`1 children, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, Boolean recursive, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal2(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.UserRootFolder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateTopLibraryFolders(CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

Do I have to join the log?

Edited by t1tin

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to renew the library paths but it did not solve the problem.

You advise me to uninstall my current server and reinstall it completely?

A backup will it recover everything? Users and their follow-up views?

ChaoticDream

id try to troubleshoot more before doing a fresh install. Double check all library paths. If one is wrong the whole thing will fail. After i renamed the folder and did the edit to the config file my camera library showed the wrong path so i just deleted it since i dont use it. You may try recreating all your libraries. You shouldnt need to reinstall.

ChaoticDream

can you post an updated log? the first one just shows that it was failing because the paths weren't correct.

Jucgshu

Hey guys,

This is merely a +1 on my Docker Swarm installation. Happened since I upgraded to Version 3.5.1.0.

Adding server logs if that helps.

-j

Edited by Jucgshu

Jucgshu

Well, after rebooting my host the library finally started refreshing... before crashing the whole container.

Tried a couple force updates... before downgrading back to Version 3.4.1.0.

Now all seems stable again.

-j

• Solution

Well, after rebooting my host the library finally started refreshing... before crashing the whole container.

Tried a couple force updates... before downgrading back to Version 3.4.1.0.

Now all seems stable again.

-j

Please try 3.5.2. Thanks.

• Like 1