Unable to connect remotely in browsers

TylerV76

TylerV76

Lately Im having an issue connecting to my remote server in any web browser using the "select browser" function. Im signed into emby connect and it see the remote server but when I select connect it says "we're unable to connect to the selected server". If I enter the IP address of the remote server it connects fine. My fire tv's and apple tv's all work perfectly its just any web browser. Ive tried both http and https. 

Hi, does your emby server dashboard display the correct remote address? have you reinstalled your server recently?

TylerV76

Hi, does your emby server dashboard display the correct remote address? have you reinstalled your server recently?

It does display the correct ip address. I havent reinstalled it in a couple months though.

I just noticed my iphone app wont connect either but Im currently watching my remote server on my fire tv just fine.

Also, its both servers. Which ever one Im accessing remotely, they dont connect.

All ports are open in my router as well.

Could it be because both servers are using the same local IP address? ie 192.168.1.61?

Edited by TylerV76

They are probably trying to connect to your old server installation. Did you go through the emby connect linking process again on the new server? You'll want to do that, and then delete the old server entry from within one of the apps.

TylerV76

They are probably trying to connect to your old server installation. Did you go through the emby connect linking process again on the new server? You'll want to do that, and then delete the old server entry from within one of the apps.

I got it. Both servers had the same local ip address. I changed my home one to a new ip and now everythings connecting immediately. I remembered my security system had the same issue a while back. 

Thank you for the incredibly quick replies though Luke.