How to Pull Previously Synced Content from Google Cloud

VirgilFox

VirgilFox

I've sync'd videos to Google Cloud via the Google Cloud sync plugin -- I've verified that the files exist in the Emby folder in the Google Drive account and they play fine if I download and play them in an external player. I've tried two separate scenarios where the video was synced at 1.5Mbps quality (Mobile profile) and 4 Mbps quality (Mobile profile). When I am offsite (away from home) and play the video in Emby, it pulls from my home server (which is limited to 1.5Mbps for uploads) and transcodes the video for 1.5Mbps (verified via stats for nerds). From my understanding with the Google Drive sync pllugin, it should be pulling the 4Mbps video I sync'd to Google Drive. (On my phone, my user account 'Internet quality' setting in 'Playback' is set to 'Auto').

How would I get the Emby app to play content from my Google Drive account rather than accessing my home server through my slow DSL link which only supports 1.5Mbps for uploading? 

Emby Server version 3.5.0.0

Emby Android app: 3.0.00

Server log is attached. The video is called "Dog Heaven"

Thanks in advance!

emby_server_log.txt

We've made some changes for the better in regards to cloud sync folder structure. Unfortunately this means that it won't be able to utilize previously synced files. We might be able to manually fix this though.

Do all your synced files start a folder that is the server name?

VirgilFox

We've made some changes for the better in regards to cloud sync folder structure. Unfortunately this means that it won't be able to utilize previously synced files. We might be able to manually fix this though.

Do all your synced files start a folder that is the server name?

No, the top level folder is called "Emby Sync".

The current folder structure in Google Drive looks like this: "Emby Sync" -> "Videos" -> "Dog Heaven (1927)" -> "Dog Heaven (1927).mp4"

I will delete the top-level "Emby Sync" folder and try again.

That top layer should probably be there. i would suggest instead syncing something new and then using that as a reference.

VirgilFox

That top layer should probably be there. i would suggest instead syncing something new and then using that as a reference.

I blew away everything in Google Drive. Then I reconnected the Google Cloud plugin (version 3.1.6 -- same version as used above) and re-synced a new video at "Original Quality" using the "Mobile" profile. The video synced up to Google Drive with an appropriate file size for "Original Quality". However, when I began playing the new video, it began transcoding and streaming the original video file on my home server (verified via watching the traffic on the server NIC via iftop). 

All bandwidth-related settings on the Android client are set to "Auto". 

You asked "Do all your synced files start a folder that is the server name?"  Answer: No, the server name is not used in any part of the "Emby Sync" directory tree as seen in my Google Drive.

Not sure where to go from here --