Auto Organize not working when replacing existing episodes

kaelin

kaelin

I am getting an Emby.AutoOrganize.Core.OrganizationException error when trying to organize an existing episode. Instead of updating the episode, it throws the exception and says file already exists in the log. Server version 3.5.0.0

Michael

computerprep

I've noticed this too. Just forgot to post about it. Manual single item overwrite doesn't work, but if you change your TV settings to overwrite everything, it will succeed. Then change your settings right back.

That's how I've been working around this, and it's getting a little annoying.

We'll see what @@PoppyPop thinks. This may be a new defect created in the plugin that is a side effect of all the new improvements that he's added.

As always I would like to point out that this plugin is a community addition, and contributions are welcome. The source code can be found here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.AutoOrganize

Thanks !

• 1 month later...
fraenhawk

Here's the relevant part of the log when processing a blue "skipped" entry, clicking the folder, then Ok (and then getting an Internal Server Error)

2018-08-22 20:39:26.363 Info App: Sorting file \\WHSHAWK\SabDown\TV\Younger - S05E10 - Girls on the Side.mkv
2018-08-22 20:39:26.628 Info App: Sorting file \\WHSHAWK\SabDown\TV\Younger - S05E10 - Girls on the Side.mkv into series \\WHSHAWK\Shows\Younger
2018-08-22 20:39:26.644 Info App: Sorting file \\WHSHAWK\SabDown\TV\Younger - S05E10 - Girls on the Side.mkv to new path \\WHSHAWK\Shows\Younger\Season 5\Younger - S05E10 - Girls on the Side.mkv
2018-08-22 20:39:26.644 Info App: File '\\WHSHAWK\SabDown\TV\Younger - S05E10 - Girls on the Side.mkv' already exists as '\\WHSHAWK\Shows\Younger\Season 5\Younger - S05E10 - Girls on the Side.mkv', stopping organization
2018-08-22 20:39:26.644 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.5.2.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 2
	Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system
	Emby.AutoOrganize.Core.OrganizationException: File '\\WHSHAWK\SabDown\TV\Younger - S05E10 - Girls on the Side.mkv' already exists as '\\WHSHAWK\Shows\Younger\Season 5\Younger - S05E10 - Girls on the Side.mkv', stopping organization
	   at Emby.AutoOrganize.Core.FileOrganizationService.PerformOrganization(String resultId)
	Emby.AutoOrganize.Core.OrganizationException
	   at Emby.AutoOrganize.Core.FileOrganizationService.PerformOrganization(String resultId)

computerprep

Not sure about @@fraenhawk, but mine are from manual overwrite attempts (pressing there folder icon next to the blue filename). It succeeds only on auto/scheduled attempts the settings are changed to always overwrite.

fraenhawk

Was this a manual organization?

Correct, when auto-organize leaves "blue" entries behind (because it's a duplicate file and I have the "overwrite existing episodes" checkbox unchecked) if you click the folder icon, then Ok, you get an internal server error every time. As @@computerprep mentioned in post #2, checking that checkbox before clicking the folder is a temporary workaround.

• 2 months later...
fraenhawk

So, at least on the boards @@PoppyPop hasn't been active since June (before this error was even posted). Does that mean this once-integrated and very important (IMO) feature is not going to be supported any longer?

It would be great if a new community member would like to help with continued development of this plugin. Thanks !

• 6 months later...
fraenhawk

@@Luke I saw in another thread that you're tweaking the plugin more than just compatibility updates now. Any chance of getting this fixed?

I'm able to make quick compatibility updates but I do not have the bandwidth to become the primary Auto Organize developer.

As always I would like to point out that this plugin is a community addition, and contributions are welcome. The source code can be found here:

Thanks !