Some troubles with the android app.

meddie

meddie
Hello, everybody,

I installed emby yesterday for testing purposes. So that I can test the full handling, I also bought the premium package. 
I installed the server under Windows 10. It's going quite well so far. 
As a client I have a Sony Z5 smartphone with Android 7, and have installed the Emby App here. 
I'm having some trouble with this one.
1. when playing music (MP3) I hear cracking again and again
When I play the same file locally on the smartphone with VLC or other app it works perfectly. 
2. i have enabled camera upload, it doesn't seem to upload all files. I currently have 2400 photos and videos in the DCIM folder. But there are only 834 files in Emby. (Only photos no videos - but may be that the upload did not get so far, on the file system the videos are at the very back)
3. my music library also contains songs with cyrillic filenames and ID3 tags, is it possible Emby has a problem with that? These are displayed correctly on the Emby Webgui, but hyroglyphs are displayed in the log files. Looks like this: Ð›ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ð½Ð³Ñ€Ð°Ð´\Ленинград - Я раÑпиздÑй.mp3
I have also activated the offline function in the Android app. And here on the SD card, lower stitches are made instead of letters. Folder names and filenames look like this _________________/__________________.mp3. If Latin letters appear between then it looks like this: Lx24__________.mp3

I used plex for about 1.5 years before. But since about 1/2 year the Android app can no longer stream to Google Chromecast. The stream stops after approx. 10-20 seconds. 
But since I mainly use this, plex is no longer usable for me. 

Thank you very much 
Greets Eddie

• 3 weeks later...

when playing music (MP3) I hear cracking again and again

Hi, can you please try the latest update to the app? Thanks !