Question about community plugins

Sammy

Sammy

Don't really know how to describe it other than "It no worky". The Server Loads but is slow and cannot find my Library. I updated through the web GUI and downloaded it from the Emby Webpage too. I've rebooted my PC too. No Love. Log attached.

Emby Server Log 07182018.txt

Sammy

Let me further add that Emby Server will just vanish from the task bar and task manager after a period of time. It appears to be shutting itself down but I reloaded the server and scanned the Library which is taking a very long time, almost as if it is having to completely rebuild the database?

Sammy

I'm seeing quite a few error posts here and on github. Where to get the installer for the previous version so I have something that works will this is sorted?

Thanks!

Try removing these plugins:

2018-07-18 04:18:53.289 Info App: Loading AutoBoxSets, Version=1.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\AutoBoxSets.dll
2018-07-18 04:18:53.289 Info App: Loading CoverArt, Version=4.0.79.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\CoverArt.dll
2018-07-18 04:18:53.289 Info App: Loading IPCam, Version=1.0.6398.32289, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\IPCam.dll
2018-07-18 04:18:53.289 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Channels.PlayOn, Version=1.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\MediaBrowser.Channels.PlayOn.dll
2018-07-18 04:18:53.289 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLord, Version=18.6.20.923, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLord.dll
2018-07-18 04:18:53.289 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLordMovies, Version=18.6.20.923, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLordMovies.dll
2018-07-18 04:18:53.289 Info App: Loading MiOSEmbyZWaveControllerCS, Version=1.0.6378.18554, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\MiOSEmbyZWaveControllerCS.dll
2018-07-18 04:18:53.289 Info App: Loading MovieThemeSongs, Version=1.5.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\moviethemesongs.dll
2018-07-18 04:18:53.289 Info App: Loading MovieThemeVideos, Version=1.5.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\moviethemevideos.dll
2018-07-18 04:18:53.289 Info App: Loading Surveillance, Version=1.0.0.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\Surveillance.dll
2018-07-18 04:18:53.289 Info App: Loading ThemeSongs, Version=1.1.5.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\themesongs.dll
2018-07-18 04:18:53.289 Info App: Loading ThemeVideos, Version=1.5.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\themevideos.dll
2018-07-18 04:18:53.289 Info App: Loading VeraHomeAutomation, Version=1.0.0.16, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\VeraHomeAutomation.dll
2018-07-18 04:18:53.289 Info App: Loading wmc2mb, Version=1.1.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\i5 Home Theater PC\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\wmc2mb.dll

Sammy

@@Luke

So nearly all of them?

Box Sets is legacy and probably replaced by the native Collection I see.

I use some Playon, mainly, TimeLord and Themes too..

I want to but haven't had time to set up Vera or Surveillance.

Are these all broken now?

Are fixes in the works for any of them?

Can they be reinstalled?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'm not suggesting any of them are broken, however you're under the impression that Emby is running slowly so I'm asking you to remove things that are not developed by Emby. That will make my troubleshooting easier.

We do develop AutoBoxSets and CovertArt, but both will require some consumption of resources, and their plugin install pages indicate this.

• Like 1

Sammy

I'm not suggesting any of them are broken, however you're under the impression that Emby is running slowly so I'm asking you to remove things that are not developed by Emby. That will make my troubleshooting easier.

We do develop AutoBoxSets and CovertArt, but both will require some consumption of resources, and their plugin install pages indicate this.

Got it..

I'll go about removing them. I hope the server stays running long enough to complete the task. Is there a way to remove or uninstall outside the server if it won't?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sammy

I removed these and reloaded the server then re-scanned the library but it won't complete as Emby Server crashes. I'm dead in the water.

Happy2Play

everything is super slow for me as well. after the 3.5 update. 

What is slow? Logs?  I know almost everything is faster on my stable build.

Sammy

Mine won't finish a library scan. The server just quits and isn't in task manager any longer. 

Sammy

I just checked and it finally finished the scan without crashing. My library is pretty large and it had to scan the whole library again and I think I know why. it is not scanning for .grab or similar?? Tomorrow will tell for sure I think if more .grab stuff starts showing in my TV Series Library..

Just a little suggestion, @@Luke, can we get a head's up that the new server needs to do a complete scan beforehand and will take some time when changes such as this are made? I remember when the switch to .net core caused the same issues.

Thanks for keeping up the development though. I think things are moving forward with Emby!

space2001

Same Reinstalled and emby keeps crashing no matter what is going on.

This is not helping that my wife relies on this for her media and shows and now I am dead in the water, looking at alternatives. 

Edited by space2001

Sammy

Keep trying! Don't disturb it while it is doing the library scan!

@@Luke, Can I re-install plugins now that I'm operational again?

Thanks!

hmm. looks like it may be the library scan slowing things down to a crawl

Yes, probably just due to the library scan and nothing associated with the release. Thanks.

Trevor68

Sooooo, as per the original post 2 days without a media server is not cutting the mustard here, does anybody know where we can revert?

As it's been 2 days, I am going to assume that my installation is not ever going to complete a scan using this version. Also looking towards alternatives, I don;t want to, but not having a working media center will drive that by tonight.

Sooooo, as per the original post 2 days without a media server is not cutting the mustard here, does anybody know where we can revert?

As it's been 2 days, I am going to assume that my installation is not ever going to complete a scan using this version. Also looking towards alternatives, I don;t want to, but not having a working media center will drive that by tonight.

Since you already mentioned this in another topic, we'll help you over there. Thanks.

Trevor68

good idea since that's where my logs are too. ;-)

For posterity THIS topic is the actual problem though, in that since the update the server cannot complete this "Full Scan" that seems to be required now.

Edited by Trevor68

Sammy

good idea since that's where my logs are too. ;-)

For posterity THIS topic is the actual problem though, in that since the update the server cannot complete this "Full Scan" that seems to be required now.

Mine did.. I set it and forget it. About 6 hours later I came back and it was up and running but loading on the apps is taking a while there too as it seems to be rebuilding data there too but I'm not sure. 

Sammy

@@Luke

Can I re-install my Plugins from the Catalog now? Any particular order?

What about those not in the Catalog any longer, such as Surveillance Cameras? I thought I read about this being basically the same as IPTV so if it can be done there, how?

Thanks!

Sure. To my knowledge the camera one was just a clone of the iptv plugin.

• Like 1