Emby connection and plugin update issue

flyingfufu

flyingfufu

Hello,

Using emby since a while successfuly, I change from the mono version to your .net version some months ago.

All went fine, speed was increased, connection was stable, all good until I installed version 3.4.1.13... Since then, got daily several error message, like plugin update check fail, statistic not working anymore, several image missing, navigation very slow, etc... tried to go back to 3.4.1.0, all was even worse. I've installed back the .1.13 version and was waiting patiently the next update, thinking it is linked to some bug.

Pleased to see the version 3.5 released, I've installed it, but all is the same. Looking in the log file, there is quite a lot of error message, but I really don't know where to start to fix the issue...

Emby server is installed on a TVS-863 with the latest firmware (released today).

Any help to get it working back normally will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

embyserver.txt

Hi, this is strange. All outgoing requests are timing out and failing. Are you sure the NAS has an active internet connection? 

flyingfufu

Thanks for your prompt feedback !

Yes, internet connection is up and running as i'm able to download files, I could update the firmware directly, even apps are updates from the app center...

Is there some configuration on the QNAP that could be blocking the Emby app from accessing the internet?

flyingfufu

Just checked all area I know there could be someting, but i can not see anything meesing up the connection. Also, no changed were applied at the time I went from from 3.4.1.0 to 3.4.1.13... 

Is there any specific arear of file you might point out for me to check ?

flyingfufu

Will continue to investigate from my side with my little knowledge and let you know. Should you any tip or file to check, please let me know .

Appreciate your quick support.

flyingfufu

Hi Luke,

Just wanted to advised that I've checked all file / app configuration I know. I coudl't see any reason why the problem exist. 

Looking fwd to read from you,

Regards,

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

Just wanted to advised that I've checked all file / app configuration I know. I coudl't see any reason why the problem exist. 

Looking fwd to read from you,

Regards,

Hi, I think I have a similar case, but downgrading to 3.4.1 solves the problem.

Maybe something introduce by QNAP firmware? Which version are you on?