Side load/update Emby Server Windows with no internet

e123enitan

e123enitan

I have not tried this before, but believe its possible to update server wit zip file, my current process is through internet, but I am travelling to location where there the internet behavior is epilepsy, either not constant ir too slow to connect or download large files.

Any suggestions?

e123enitan

I have not tried this before, but believe its possible to update server wit zip file, my current process is through internet, but I am travelling to location where there the internet behavior is epilepsy, either not constant ir too slow to connect or download large files.

Any suggestions?

Hi Luke, Can U help with this concerns.

Thanks

e123enitan

I guess this is not possible, the reason for no reply ;)  ;)

Edited by e123enitan

KMBanana

The portable installation is a zip file and when extracted can run Emby server for Windows without installation.  To update the portable version you just shut down Emby and overwrite the previous install with the newer files from the portable install zip.

But I'm not sure how helpful this is to your situation.  The current portable install is 106mb, I don't know for sure but I don't think the size varies very much between the normal and portable install.  

• Like 2

e123enitan

The portable installation is a zip file and when extracted can run Emby server for Windows without installation.  To update the portable version you just shut down Emby and overwrite the previous install with the newer files from the portable install zip.

But I'm not sure how helpful this is to your situation.  The current portable install is 106mb, I don't know for sure but I don't think the size varies very much between the normal and portable install.  

This is what i am looking for, I have a server that hasn't updated for a while in a local village where internet is an issue, upon my I arrival it be would nice if I can update  with portable version, to that end where is the link to the portable zip file.

Thanks,

Edited by e123enitan

Happy2Play

This is what i am looking for, I have a server that hasn't updated for a while in a local village where internet is an issue, upon my I arrival it would nice if I can update  with portable version, to that end where is the link to the portable zip file.

Thanks,

The portable or get the zip/7z from GitHub, rename the "*\*\Emby-Server\system" folder to system.old and extract the new system folder to "\Emby-Server\" folder

• Like 1