Latest Downloaded Videos - order and naming

AdrianW

AdrianW

I downloaded a bunch of TV episodes to my phone to watch on the train.

When I open the "Latest Downloaded Videos" section the episodes are listed in no particular order and don't have a series name prefix making it tricky to find the specific episode I want to watch next.

Please add a series name somewhere - maybe show folders, one for each series, or perhaps show a subheading of the series name.

Here's a long screenshot showing the problem. The 4 episodes at the bottom are all from the same series and are in some kind of random sequence.

5b4e0d0b0a9c6_long.png

AdrianW

So, I noticed that if I navigate from one of downloaded episodes to the season, I get a nice list of the episodes in the correct sequence - I'll have to try to remember to do that from now on.

I think it'd be a good idea to roll up any multiple episodes from the same season into a single entry on the "Latest Downloaded Videos" screen, so it would show "Series name / season n" (or perhaps: series name - x episodes, where x is the number of downloaded episodes) and clicking it would take you directly to the list of episodes.

Edited by AdrianW

Should we just drop that list all together and display the offline folders?

AdrianW

Should we just drop that list all together and display the offline folders?

What would that look like? I can see the raw folder structure and videos by using a file explorer, but I wouldn't want to lose the Emby UI (details, overview, etc.).

Being able to navigate to the season episode list is great, it's just how do you get there quickly and easily.

This is what I see when navigating to the season list for the four episodes of the same show at the bottom of the above screenshot. Getting to this view whilst offline is fantastic.

5b4f56e088931_v2.png

Edited by AdrianW

Kurato

Personally, I find the download browsing list can sometimes get kind of long, granted, for me, they're all grouped by name, atleast for the online browse downloads list, imo it might help if everything could be compiled into folders based on similar names, such as in the second image, could maybe use an algorithm to pair episodes that have the first x letters similar.

post-305382-0-69927900-1531926856_thumb.png

post-305382-0-34101200-1531926989_thumb.png

AdrianW

I think grouping by series and/or season would make more sense than using a string of x characters from the file names.

Well we already have the grouping by series. I just added latest videos in addition to that in case it might be helpful to allow you to reach your most recent video with fewer clicks.

AdrianW

Well we already have the grouping by series. I just added latest videos in addition to that in case it might be helpful to allow you to reach your most recent video with fewer clicks.

All I see when clicking "My Downloads" (from the Select Server screen) is a long list of individual episodes (as shown in the screenshot in post 1).

Hang on... I never even thought of scrolling to the bottom and clicking on the big green rectangle with "TV" in the middle - that's actually what I was after. Perhaps that should be at the top, or perhaps there should be an option to remove the individual video listing.

Because that green rectangle had a heading of my server name, I assumed it was for connecting to the server - not viewing offline content that originated from that server.

it seems that most images are either cached or downloaded along with the videos - I can see series posters and backdrops, but season posters are mostly missing - is it possible to drag those down as well when downloading episodes?

Here's the green rectangle at the bottom:

5b4fd886b427b_Screenshot_20180719081250.

yes we should have the latest list side scroll, and eliminate the server layer, and get the backdrops.

• Like 1