Gamebrowser - Compatible Rom File Extensions

hattrick10

hattrick10

Is there documentation somewhere that would provide more information on setting up specific systems in Gamebrowser?  I've been successful in setting up much of my collection but have a few stubborn systems that will not emulate correctly or will not pull metadata at all.  It would be awesome if there were a "preferred emulator" list (with corresponding command line arguments) and supported Rom file extension.  I'd be more than happy to compile such a list/spreadsheet for the community if given the info.  With the help of forum members sharing their successful setup details we could put together a pretty useful document.

hattrick10

First, let me disclose that I am not a developer in the least.  I am just a fan of the work being done here and would like to see the Gamebrowser setup become a little easier for the Noobs.  I would be more than happy to attempt putting this information together.  I may need some help along the way...

• Like 1

hattrick10

On a side note - Is there any benefit to becoming a paid member to EmuMovies at this point in regards to Gamebrowser metadata scraping?  It almost appears to me that Emumovies is not being used at all and that 100% of my metadata is coming from GamesDB

Redshirt

Emumovies is only used for media that gamesdb doesn't have. Game trailers, title screen art, and a few other media types. The important ones, poster, backdrop are coming from TGDB.

Yea can you do that? It would be fantastic. Then if the user selects one of those emus, the config screens can pre-populate arguments.

MBT is already doing this, but we need to add more. You can also submit pull requests:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Theater/blob/master/MediaBrowser.Theater.Core/MediaPlayers/DefaultCommandArgs.cs#L30