Theme Videos in AndroidTV / ShieldTV?

Sammy

CBers
7 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

How about for android tv?

Doubt it'll get added to the ATV app, seeing as all development is going into the standard Android app, which will eventually replace the ATV version.

13 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

How about for android tv?

Can you try side loading our standard Android app on the same device and let us know how that compares? Thanks.

Scott310

I have the android app sideloaded onto the fire cube. Will it auto update with this fix or do I need to manually update it with a fresh download?

11 minutes ago, Scott310 said:

I have the android app sideloaded onto the fire cube. Will it auto update with this fix or do I need to manually update it with a fresh download?

Not yet but we'll have it in the store soon. Thanks.

Scott310
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Not yet but we'll have it in the store soon. Thanks.

Sorry I just meant that once the fix is released will I have to download the new version on top or will the sideloaded android app auto update?

5 hours ago, Scott310 said:

Sorry I just meant that once the fix is released will I have to download the new version on top or will the sideloaded android app auto update?

On a TV device not yet, but in the near future it will.

3 hours ago, Banquero said:

I just installed Android version 3.2.71, and the video theme doesn't work... Music plays in the background, but the video doesn't play in the background...

Hi.  You have to side load the version from the link provided above.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting.

Will this hit the standard AndroidTV beta anytime soon?  I prefer the layout of it over the Android app in a 10-foot interface.

20 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Interesting.

Will this hit the standard AndroidTV beta anytime soon?  I prefer the layout of it over the Android app in a 10-foot interface.

If I were you, I wouldn't expect much development on the ATV app going forward.

Honestly, I also prefered the ATV over Emby for Android but they have put quite some work into it, thus progress is visible.

I just got used to it... 🙂

1 hour ago, neik said:

If I were you, I wouldn't expect much development on the ATV app going forward.

Honestly, I also prefered the ATV over Emby for Android but they have put quite some work into it, thus progress is visible.

I just got used to it... 🙂

Guess I have to give it a go again.

Scott310

Don't worry I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth here but what are the chances that the android app will also be available in the amazon app store for fire tv with voice support? That would complete my wish list lol

8 hours ago, Scott310 said:

Don't worry I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth here but what are the chances that the android app will also be available in the amazon app store for fire tv with voice support? That would complete my wish list lol

That's our goal as well.