New remote control commands

Luke

A host of new remote control commands have been added. See the bottom:

They are go home, go to settings, mute/volume controls, and the ability to display a message to the user.

They are in the latest apiclient package. The web client will support all of them beginning with the next server dev build.

• Like 1

That's great.  I'm still not a fan of the drop-down list format for sending these.  It hides the options and makes the interface cumbersome.  Can we change it to an options list like we use for overall tabs in the rest of the dash?  And make "Play" the default...

What do these look like on the receiving end?  Are they all separate messages or are some of them a consolidated message with parms?

I changed it. Play is the default, and Resume and Browse are right there as well without having to use the dropdown. you only have to use it to pick something else like a chapter or special feature.

I'll get them into BaseApiClient today so you can see a sample. In the meantime, they're MessageType SystemCommand, where Data = the command.

Or MessageType MessageCommand, where Data = a json structure with Header, Text and TimeoutMs properties.The guidelines will be flexible though. The client can ignore the timeout value if it's not feasible for them to implement that.

darwindeeds

Luke,

Need the getsessions and sessions sockets to return the new command related fields. The one I need right now is isMuted field. Thanks

at the moment the clients don't report that. i'll have to have them start doing that.

darwindeeds

at the moment the clients don't report that. i'll have to have them start doing that.

Ok cool no problem. Whenever you get to it.