AAC 5.1 - Stereo Output

davelane85

davelane85

I have a Firestick Gen2 connected to my TV which is then connected to a Sonos Soundbar. DTS and DD files play in 5.1 (Both show as DD5.1 on Sonos) But AAC files only output as stereo. Is there an option to force transcode everything Dolby Digital? Emby must already be doing this for DTS files as the Sonos dosnt support DTS

davelane85

I checked the stats for nerds. For DTS files you can see it transdoding to Dolby For AAC files it direct plays. So if there is a way of forcing a transcode too for the AAC files then I could get 5.1 on those too

Is the soundbar connected via optical?  That connection does not support 5.1 AAC/PCM so the TV must be downmixing it.

davelane85

Yes, it's connected to the TV via Optical. So yes either the TV or Firestick is downmixing it. What I was hoping is that Emby could do the same as it does for my DTS files and have the server transcode the audio track to AC3. Kodi has an option forcing all audio to AC3, I was hoping Emby would also

Not at this time.

If your system reports support for AAC 5.1 then we don't know that it cannot handle it just due to a downstream connection type.

• 1 month later...

I would also like to see such an option included in a future release. The Emby app for Samsung TV already includes this option under Settings / TV Settings / Enable AAC Transcoding to Dolby.