BUG: Data Added Sorting not working

kilimats
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

kilimats

I'm using the data added to library (pictured) to sort my movie in order they were added in, some movie do show up fine at the top and some other added a few second ago still show up down below, what give? anything else i should check? bug? 

YnVj2PU.png

paulsalter

Cant help unfortunately with fixing

However, what date does it show as added, if you open the movie detail screen, should have a date added

Does this match any date on the file itself (created or modified)

kilimats

Seems like its looking at the modified date instead of the created date, for example pictured, this movie shows up at the bottom when i just added it and it was created today but modified earlier this year. so seems like EMBY is looking at the modified date instead of the created?

2YV7Dc0.png

paulsalter

Sounds like something is modifying the modified date (as it seems odd to be earlier than the created date)

Does anything modify the file before it gets added to emby?

Edited by paulsalter

kilimats

This was an MKV extracted from a parsed rar, so maybe thats why and its throwing EMBY off? but wouldnt matter though as i am using the data it was scanned and added to the library as pictured above, something buggy !

paulsalter

True, hopefully one of the Emby guys can come along an clarify it

Looking at what you posted, it should just be using the date/time of when it was added, not use dates on the file

• Solution

Did the item also have an NFO file with it?

If so, and it contained a date added, then that will take priority.

• Like 1

Did the item also have an NFO file with it?

If so, and it contained a date added, then that will take priority.

And it says this right underneath the dropdown, although we can improve that help text.

kilimats

there was an nfo file indeed ! ive removed it and updated library but still no change? anything else i should do?

is there a way to tell emby to ignore NFO, dont want it to be looking at it and focus exclusively on the day the file was added to the library

Rather than removing the nfo, you would have to just edit the field in emby, or bulk edit the nfo files and then run a library scan. We don't currently have any settings to ignore nfo files but it's a good idea for the future. Thanks.

Happy2Play

Nfo are source metadata so no.  After deleting the nfo file you would have to do a Refresh All or remove the media from library, do a library scan, re-add the media, and preform another library scan as existing metadata needs removed from database.

kilimats

Rather than removing the nfo, you would have to just edit the field in emby, or bulk edit the nfo files and then run a library scan. We don't currently have any settings to ignore nfo files but it's a good idea for the future. Thanks.

thanks a bunch! would love that feature !