Tablets Not Working After Update

kbeck

kbeck

Have 2 Android Tablets. Did a factory reset on 1. It did lots of updates. Android version is 5.0. I installed the Emby App. It is the only app not factory loaded.Signed into my server. Home Screen would not load. At the top I get Home and Favorites and a spinning icon. I can swipe from the left and get a menu and get my library. Have not tried to play anything.

On my identical tablet that had not updated everything worked fine. Back on the reload I went to Profile and noticed under Home Screen the all the drop downs are blank. I went back to my old tablet, noticed it had done a number of updates and now it will not work either. Exact same problems, Home not loading and drop downs blank.

Edited by kbeck

Do you have an app called the android system webview, and if so, what version is it?

kbeck

It can, I updated 1 to version 67. Both issues remain. I checked my phone which is Android v8. 0 Oreo. It has v67 by default. All works fine on it. Except I hate Oreo but that's another problem.

kbeck

1 does. The 1 I just updated does not. I will update the other with chrome and check the Chrome version

kbeck

I stopped before install. Can continue if you want. Checked Chrome while I was there. I logged into the server fine and can play a movie thru Chrome but not with Emby app.

kbeck

So I guess that's it. Since I can use Chrome but not the app I bought a Lifetime license for all is good??

Edited by kbeck

Kurato

Patience my friend, Luke is a very busy (man?), his assistance is in high demand, he'll eventually get back to the issue at hand. :)

So I guess that's it. Since I can use Chrome but not the app I bought a Lifetime license for all is good??

Yes you can use Chrome in the meantime. We are looking into the issue with the app. Thanks.