Sony Bravia 5.1 passthrough issues Android TV app only

Corydmch

Corydmch

I'm having an issue with the Android TV app passing through 5.1 sound onto my soundbar.  My current setup is a 900e Sony Bravia connected via optical to the Sonos Playbar in a 5.1 setup.  The android tv emby app will only pass 2 channel audio onto the sound bar, however if I cast the same video from my pc to a connected chromecast 5.1 sound is passed through correctly.  In addition 5.1 is correctly passed through using other apps natively on the TV such as netflix/hulu.  I'm currently on the beta channel, but issue was present on both stable and beta.  Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Corydmch

Audio Output is set to "Auto" not "downmix to stereo".  Stats for nerds reports Play method: direct and audio is 5.1 channel but again only 2 channels are actually being passed when using the android tv app.

Audio Output is set to "Auto" not "downmix to stereo".  Stats for nerds reports Play method: direct and audio is 5.1 channel but again only 2 channels are actually being passed when using the android tv app.

This sounds like your TV is actually converting it.  Check settings there.

Also, specifically what kind of audio?  Optical is pretty limited in support.