Live TV stream issue, everything else is working

Chuggy

Chuggy

I'm at a loss...

I have everything set up and working with the exception of live TV streams. At one time I had it set up and it was working fine, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what has changed. Currently I can see the guide just fine, I can watch recorded shows, but I cannot watch live either through the web client or on my Roku.

I suppose I should apologize in advance because it is usually the most obvious thing that gets missed. My server log is attached, for whatever reason the FFMPEG log is not being created.

server-63531982963.log

Looks like connectivity issues with server wmc. make sure the server wmc app is running, and also check the live tv settings page to view server wmc's status message

• Like 1

Chuggy

post-2323-0-49031000-1396406130_thumb.jpg

ServerWMC is running, Status is "OK", 3 Tuners are available. The only thing I can think of is that I changed the credentials box at one point while I was tinkering with a Linux build of XBMC. Could that have something to do with it? I uninstalled/reinstalled ServerWMC, but that didn't change anything.

Chuggy

I think I'm having some issues with my HDHR. I'm suddenly getting tuner conflicts and cannot tune a channel. Once I get WMC back i'll see if I still have the problem and post back.

krustyreturns

If you still have problems after doing that, please post the serverwmc log too after a live stream fails.

wallaceff

Krusty: firstly, thanks for awesome work!

Not sure where to post this... Its more of an FR.. Any chance of a ServerWMC autoupdater?

krustyreturns

We want to do it, there is just a lot of other stuff to do too, but its on the list.

Chuggy

After uninstalling all of my HDHR software and reinstalling, then re-running tv setup in WMC, I got it working. I do have a separate problem streaming HD content to the Roku but I will post that question over there. In the end it seems that uninstalling McAfee broke WMC, which is why (obviously) ServerWMC was not working.

Chuggy

So after a few days of troubleshooting I seem to have gotten everything working (to an extent). I can tune SD channels now, but again no HDTV content. I get video for about 2 seconds, and the audio is just high pitch beeps, it then loads and does the same thing before staying on the loading screen.

Any ideas? If I keep obsessing over this my wife may divorce me.

krustyreturns

is the ffmpeg log still not getting created?  Post the serverwmc log and the mbs log too if you have them.

Chuggy

I already have the latest Gotham installed and the video is a bit choppy, but both SD and HD are streaming. This is from the same computer as ServerWMC is installed on. So I suppose that rules ServerWMC out and points to an issue within Media Browser Server. I still feel like it could be a codec issue; I'm running the Shark007 pack. Could that be an issue?

I had previously done a uninstall of MB3 and classic, but when I reinstalled it retained all of the original settings. Any suggestions on reinstalling from scratch and getting every last trace?

krustyreturns

The video should be smooth, except possibly for the case of the xbmc client connected over wifi.  As to whether shark is causing a problem, I don't know (doubt it though).

I'm also not sure about completely removing mbs, but my guess is blowing away %appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server would do it.  I doubt this will help either.

Chuggy

It looks like the new version of MB Server has a "remove every trace" option. I'm going to uninstall everything and then reinstall 1 piece at a time. Would you suggest to continue using Shark or is something more straightforward? I use MB and WMC and stream to a Roku.

krustyreturns

I run shark007 on my family's media server pc, it doesn't cause me any problems.

krustyreturns

Serverwmc is not reporting any problems, but it is closing the stream down due to a request from mbs.  It looks like mbs is killing the stream, but I don't really know how to read their server logs as to why its happening, it is reporting an error though.  Hopefully one of the mbs guys will help.

If you are looking for stuff to try while you wait (and if your wife will let you), you would try temporarily installing xbmc (use the gotham beta) and see if it chokes on the live streams.

• 8 months later...

Hello All:

I recently setup a home theater.

QNAP TS-851 upgraded to 8MB

Using the virtual machine I giving it 2 cores(Intel Celeron J1800 @ 2.41Ghz and 4gb of memory).

Installed-

Windows 7

ServerWMC 1.0.0.53

Media Browser server 3.0.5464.40000

HDHomeRun HDTC-2US

When steaming to my HTPC(Media Browser Theater) or desktop(web interface) it is fine, except the LiveTV which the video is choppy and distorted making it unable to watch or record.

When using Silicondust HDHOMERUN View the video is fine.

From the QNAP Resource monitor it goes up to 50% for cpu resources when doing the LiveTV.

If you know of a solution please let me know.

Over

transcode-961924f7-f044-4807-bb34-245cc60be46f.zip

you're getting 16-20 fps. it looks like your server cpu is just unable to keep up. this will be improved for MBT in the future when we eliminate the server transcoding, but the web client will almost always require it

Update:

I uninstalled ServerMCE and installed NextPVR, the audio and video is no longer distored, however it is delayed.

Over