Content won't transfer to iPad.

Oracle

Oracle

So, my wife and I are going on vacation and I want to have some of my content downloaded to my tablet. This used to work before, as I still have items downloaded, but when I try to download files no, it gets stuck on “Transferring 0%”. Any answer to this?

Oracle

Posted this in another part of the forums, but I figured maybe this section would work easier, and would get better answers here.

My wife & I are travelling on vacation with no public networks available and I want to download some of our content onto our iPad. We've downloaded stuff before to watch on the plane when we travel to & from the US (we are located in Canada at the moment) and had no issues. However, recently, anytime I wish to download something, it gets stuck on "Transferring 0%" and then halts there for days (literally). 

Any idea why this is happening? Thanks in advance.

- Arly

Edited by SPRINKLES-PC

legallink

Did you provide logs? More setup information may be helpful. See my post on your post in the other thread.

Oracle

Can't seem to locate that thread. Seems to have merged with this one (I dont know either). I tried uninstalling & reinstalling the app on the tablet, that didn't help at all (just deleted the existing downloads).

How can I provide logs? Not sure how to do that.

legallink

So, attempting to sync while remote from the content I haven’t tried. I would assume you need to leave the app open til the transfer is complete. Additionally remember that transfer will taker longer to transfer since you are remote from the content.

Oracle

Yeah, but days? I started a download on Tuesday, ended up canceling it today.

This worked fine before.

legallink

Has the app been open for days? That doesn’t sound possible. I don’t know how it responds to remote sync attempts

Oracle

App has been running in the background for days, and I used to be able to just let it be after clicking download. Just confused. Dont mean to be coming off as an asshole if I am, just rather confused and new at this.

Edited by SPRINKLES-PC

Oracle

UPDATE: Tested it out again and it worked on one download. Stuck on Transfering 0% once again.

Currently the display will always stay at 0%, it's just an open issue that we need to resolve, but the downloads will happen.

legallink

@ when you say it worked, what do you mean? Do you mean you tried 2 transfers and 1 transferred and the other didn’t? Or just that it said it would transfer or download started and now you are waiting?

Remote syncs are going to take a long time especially depending on the network of where the server is and where you are.

On my local lan, it took a couple hours to sync 5 movies. That was faster than I expected given they were several GB each. It does sound, according to @@Luke that the transfers should happen in the background. I don’t know if they do/will.

I’m testing a remote download now and will let you know how it goes.