EmbyCon - mark as watched menu

hstamas

hstamas

If I use the default "marked as watched" menu item the Emby server does not get updated (didnt wait very long though). Using the "marked as watched" item from the Embycon specific menu item marks as expected.

Is this by design? I assume since Embycon is not hard wired into the server like Emby for Kodi is you have to use the Embycon specific item?

sualfred

Just tested it to try to reproduce the issue. Strange. It wasn't updating for me too, but after a restart of Kodi it worked again.

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

Ok. I'm able to reproduce it.

• Kodi internal watched state toggle = only toggles locally and not on the server
  • EmbyCon watched state toggle works and also toggles the Kodi watched state

BUT:
  • Once a user toggled the watched state with the internal "mark watched/unwatched" of Kodi, the listitem watched state won't get updated after the state is going to be changed via the EmbyCon context menu until the next Kodi restart.

@

Is there anyway to monitor the Kodi toggle? If not, do I have the possibility to call the EmbyCon toggle action outside from the context menu?

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

sualfred

Ok. How do I call the EmbyCon context menu directly (eg: RunScript(plugin.video.embycon/?contextmenu)? Maybe I'm able to create a dirty skin hack in Embuary.

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

Embuary also has replaced the watched toggle buttons in the views to use the EmbyCon method.