OFFLINE ACESS

kpinheiro

kpinheiro
I AM USING ANDROID MOBILE (SMARTPHONE) I BUY A PREMIUM ACCOUNT FOR A MONTH, AND NOW I NEED TO TURN MY VIDEOS FOR OFFLINE ACCESS ON SMARTPHONE AND IT IS NOT WORKING, DOWNLOAD AND NEVER STOPPED, I AM USING WIFI, WHAT IS THE SOLUTION FOR THAT? FOR I HAVE SOLD THE SOLUTION TO USE THIS RESOURCE.

IN WIKI SAYS IT ALL WORKS BUT IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE BEING SO.

I NEED TO KNOW ALSO LIKE THIS WORKS, IF YOU HAVE HOW TO LEAVE SOMETHING SOON ON THE SIDE OF THE SERVER TO SAVE TIME.

I NEED THIS TO WORK, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

KarlDag

Update your app, current version is 3.8.34. there was a recent update that really modified how downloads are done.

We have a new release that is slowly rolling out. Please try that once it comes to you. Thanks.

kpinheiro
Good Morning!

Could you please explain to me how the download process works / have the content offline.

I ask because when I select in the Smartphone for download it takes a long time to buy something, is there a button called CONVERT MEDIA for which server?

geotux

So I have been trying to understand this as well. When you log into your server from the mobile (while on wifi on your network), and select an album for download, it will download/queue immediately. When you try to create a sync job from the browser and then go to "Downloads & Sync", then sync job s under the status "Ready to Sync" but never actually syncs.

The otehr thing I don't understand is how you actually use the downloaded material on your phone. Basically, if I am offline, I click on "My Downloads" and it takes me to a page showing me the name of my server and a box called music with headphones shown on the box.. So with wifi shut down, I would expect that the android app would let me access the content on my phone with I clicked on the headphone. This doesn't happen. It tries to log onto the server and if wifi is off, it fails miserable not showing me anything. If wifi is connected, it simply takes me to the login page as asks me to log on. Surely this isn't what should be happening? I have version 2.9.96 of emby for android installed.

So I have been trying to understand this as well. When you log into your server from the mobile (while on wifi on your network), and select an album for download, it will download/queue immediately. When you try to create a sync job from the browser and then go to "Downloads & Sync", then sync job s under the status "Ready to Sync" but never actually syncs.

When you start it from another device it will take longer because we can't always remotely wake your smart phone. The next releases of the app and server will improve this a little bit, but it's still something to be aware of.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

geotux

When you start it from another device it will take longer because we can't always remotely wake your smart phone. The next releases of the app and server will improve this a little bit, but it's still something to be aware of.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

The point is not that it takes long to but that it simply will not let me access the local media on the mobile phone. So, here are the steps with the Android 2.6.96 version:

a) switch off wifi

B) launch emby on phone -> you get the select server page

c) select "downloads" -> you get page with large icon and headphone with name of server on top

d) click on large icon -> icon turns for about 20 secs and goes back to the page where you are asked to choose your server (where you also have "my download")

so it actually doesn't work.

I would suggest trying again once the next update to the app comes to you. Thanks.

kpinheiro

You say when starting from the device, how can I download it to the smartphone from the server? because I honestly do not understand what you mean

kpinheiro

Good afternoon!
I would really like to know how the download / sync works, because the manual is not really showing us much.
You know I need to know if I can by the server download a download on my smartphone and vice versa.
In short, I would really like to know how it works, because all the time I keep creating post in the forum and receive the message that this will be solved in the future.
I bought the license only to use the offline features but so far I only spent money because the feature does not work.
I want to watch an epsodio of a series and then I hope this episode is synchronized on my server and when I come back to watch I come back from where I stopped and this is not happening.

Hi, from your smart phone simply browse to a Video and then on the detail screen there will be a Download button. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

geotux

Bazinga, you are right, the version has been upgraded. I just downloaded version 3.0.0 from the website. Yet, the problem is exactly the same. Everytime I disable wifi and click on "My DOwnloads" it goes to the icon with the headphone, then I click on it, it turns for 20 secs and goes back to the page with "MY Downloads". I would expect it to go to a page where all the stuff that is present on my phone is available?

HI, yes I'm aware this does occasionally happen and we're looking into chasing this down and resolving it. Thanks.