.STRM files - once again

CarlosLima

CarlosLima

The various and various problems in reproducing .strm files, it seems, are not receiving attention from developers and this does not seem fair, hence, there are several users who use this type of file, which is unfortunate developers do not know this, at least it's what it seems.
Among the various problems, already reported and reported several times here, by me and by several other users, the most serious, I list below:

1 - subtitles -
the .strm file, with external caption, (.srt) is not displayed

2 - crashes -
when watching a video on the emby app (Android), if your smartphone receives a message from whatsapp, messenger, skype etc, or a voice phone call, the video hangs. The audio continues to play and the minute count has a sequence, but the video freezes. You can not resume the video, you can only use the back button and restart the video from the beginning, minute zero.

3 - chromecast -
can not send mirroring to tv using chromecast, either via android app or web app

4 - pause -
pausing the video playing .strm file causes the video to hang, with no possibility to resume. this is a serious problem with many customer complaints. this happens also in the android app and in the web app

5 - Start with too much delay -
when starting a video, playback starts more than 20/30 minutes, which makes it impractical for any client to use

These are the top 5 customer complaints, using version 3.4.1.0 of the embyserver.

You can see that the beta is already in .30 and I did not notice any citations about the problems with the .srtm files.

Any concrete information about this, so that we, premiere users, can have something to say to our customers ???

Obligatory for your attention.

drikosv8

I have the same problem. What else is troubling me is the emby taking almost 30 minutes to start playing the movie on the chromecast. I need this urgent solution for the next stable release. Today I am installing a new beta to test if this problem has stopped. I'm using an old version so everything works perfect. Then I'll post if the new beta solved this problem.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
yohanchineaespino

Please Help! i tried everything on my emby server (last release) but strm files isnt working , the server dont display any video, i already use the wiki help, read all the topics here about how to use and setup the .srtm files but nothing works for me, please share any idea, tutorial video,anything ... i really need to use this feature, thanks in advance! 

Please Help! i tried everything on my emby server (last release) but strm files isnt working , the server dont display any video, i already use the wiki help, read all the topics here about how to use and setup the .srtm files but nothing works for me, please share any idea, tutorial video,anything ... i really need to use this feature, thanks in advance! 

Hi there @@yohanchineaespino, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/?view=getnewpost

Thanks !