Hide Emby data on Kodi

sfredo

sfredo

My setup is LibreELEC with storage connected to it, running Emby for Kodi so that my media can be accessed through the web by myself.

Emby ran its own sync and that resulted in duplicate entries showing up on Kodi (one from Kodi's local db and one from Emby).

I know it's been suggested multiple times that when using Emby for Kodi you should just erase Kodi's db and let Emby handle all of it, but Emby's scraping did not work as well as Kodi's for several foreign movies that I have, so I was looking for a way to keep Kodi's db and only display it when browsing through Kodi. Browsing through Emby is already displaying only Emby's db as expected.

sualfred

Never ever let Kodi take care of your media if you use Emby for Kodi. This could end up in issues like yours, because Kodi only knows it's own DB. Fix and edit your metadata on the server and it will be synced to Kodi. 

If you want a local Kodi installation and use another Emby stored database -> EmbyCon

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

sfredo

Never ever let Kodi take care of your media if you use Emby for Kodi. This could end up in issues like yours, because Kodi only knows it's own DB. Fix and edit your metadata on the server and it will be synced to Kodi. 

If you want a local Kodi installation and use another Emby stored database -> EmbyCon

I've removed, on Emby, library access to the user that Kodi uses and then created a new Emby user with full access for remote accessing.

A full library scan on Emby seems to have achieved the separation I wanted. Do you see any issues with this approach?