Seeking live TV on Chromecast causes black screen

bla8291

bla8291

When I'm watching live TV on the Chromecast and I want to rewind a little bit, the video will go back to where I've selected, but after about a minute or two, the image turns black and the screen says that it's paused. Unpausing does not nothing, and neither does seeking to another time. The only way to get the image back is to stop playback, and start it again, which causes me to lose the live TV buffer.

Server.txt

ffmpeg_1511.txt

ffmpeg_1530.txt

Can you try this with Emby's native hd homerun support rather than via server wmc? The problem here is that this is difficult for us to troubleshoot. The native support is what we're actively testing. Thanks.

bla8291

I can try that but I would need some time. As it stands now, I don't know how to reproduce it. I'm guessing it happens after I've been watching after a certain amount of time. I use seek quite often and it only happened once before recently. I don't know if the channel being watched matters either.

You're saying that there's nothing that stood out when you looked at the logs?

Nothing obvious. There have also been changes to the way the live TV plugins stream for the next release so you could try that once available.

bla8291

With the new server update, I have not noticed the problem on the channel I was watching before. I was keeping an eye on some other issues I was having and those are gone too. Thanks!