Emby not working with XBOX One

martymoe

martymoe

Hi, i am a premier subscriber and have a windows server with several movies (mp4) on it plus some pictures.

for clients, i have a couple of amazon fire sticks and 2 xbox ones

for some reason when i try to use the xbox one client, the menus and all work fine, but when i try to play a movie, it will never start. it just sits with the round waiting animation
I also have to kill the process on the xbox because the client appears to be hung (wont back out or change)

i can play movies fine on fire stick.

also in troubleshooting i downloaded a third party emby client (ember) and though i like the menus and searching better with the emby client, ember plays movies just fine on xbox.

i've also installed the windows client on my windows 10 machine and at first it would do the same thing, but the last time i tried it, i was able to stream a movie.

both of the xboxes are on Ethernet networks, where the fire stick is on wireless. the windows machine is also on ethernet.

any ideas of further troubleshooting steps to try and nail this down?

thanks.

martymoe

i just played with it for a bit, and took some notes:

in the menus, i got the "waiting circle" and it wouldnt go away, i was just moving around in the menus
i forced the app to close
when i restarted, xbox said it couldnt open the app, to try again.
i tried again and it said if the problem persists, to restart xbox
the next time it started up
second time, in menus, i tried to search for a movie, the app hung up again was unresponsive, no circle thing though
i forced it to close again
went through exactly the same scenario as described before
third time, sorted movies by release, then found a movie and played it
everything is fine until i hit play, then i get the circle thing (changing from green to blue to red to yellow and back)
after it did this for about 6 or 7 minutes, i gave up.
when it does this, if i decide i want to watch a different movie (back up), the app is unresponsive, the only way to stop it is to force it closed

as I mentioned earlier, with the ember client it runs fine or if I use emby on fire stick its ok, just with xbox

I've also attached todays logfile.

thanks

embyserver.txt