Nvidia Shield Experience Update Freezing/Disconnect Issues

facelessone

facelessone

Having issues since the latest Nvidia Shield Experience update on my Shield. When using the updated Emby client we are getting a freeze every 10-20 minutes or so. The freeze typically lasts 10-20 seconds or so. At the same time in the admin UI via the web client it looks like the following occurs:

"X has disconnected from NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV"

We also tried using Kodi and EmbyCon and it encountered a timeout after about the same amount of time and required a restart.

Any ideas?

Edited by facelessone

Sounds like a network disruption and also doesn't appear to be related to the app...

Sammy

Issues with all apps on the ShieldTV right now. Sometimes I have to pull the power to reboot then it says Ethernet disconnected on reboot then it connects. I send reports but suspect an Ethernet driver issue is at fault.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

facelessone

Thanks, yeah, looks like it is an ethernet/wifi issue and is one of the reasons they stopped the new release. Unfortunately, I upgraded prior to the halt. Here is a thread on it over at geforce.com:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1057245/shield-tv/shield-experience-7-0-upgrade-rollout-update/23/

If you are thinking about upgrading I would wait until the issue is resolved as it takes a little bit of work to rollback to 6.

Edited by facelessone

Lawrage

I have this issue now on both my Shield and Mibox, it's affecting both Emby and Plex on these devices based on what I am seeing. Happens more frequently than every 20 minutes though.

Files play fine on my iPhone casting the the Shield for now.

Edited by Lawrage