Another library disappearing post

zombieagain

zombieagain

Hello,

I'm having more and more issues with libraries shown as empty after a server restart. I went to bed yesterday and everything was fine and this morning one of the libraries shows 0 items (through the web interface). The only thing that happened was a server restart as I have the server restart plugin. The interesting part is that I use the search function in the server, I can find the content that should be inside the library and even play it through the web player (but not through MBC,where I get "no items"). If I restart the server a few times, this library may come back and another one may show 0 items. It is a little random.

Attached is the log, it seems like the servers processed correctly a couple of new episodes inside the empty library (in this case called "not renewed"), so the server monitors the folder, add the new episodes metadata, but shows the library as empty.

All the storage is on an external esata enclosure connected to my machine that act both as server and MBC client and I use flexraid drive pooling.

I tried to remove the libraries and add them  again, changed to UNC path and back to drive letters, nothing seem to help this issues. I'm pretty sure this is recent, I haven't seen anything like that until recently.

Thanks!

server-63531920700.log

I notice all but one of your media locations is defined using the drive letter (I assume the FR pool drive) instead of a UNC path.  Do you still have this issue if you use UNC paths for all of them?

zombieagain

Hi ebr. Before this issue I had everything defined with drive letters, so I changed a few of the location to UNC path (not all of them), but even the ones I defined with UNC path suffered the random disappearance issue, so I changed back to drive letter. I guess I forgot to change back one of the media locations to drive letter.

BTW I just tried the android client and it of course behave like the server. If I select the problem library it says "no content available", but if I search for one TV shows that I know is in that library, even the Android client can find it and play it.

everything seems normal in that log. perhaps you may want to review your user sharing settings. also see if everything shows up in the metadata manager.

zombieagain

Hi, I only have one user and all the possible boxes are checked in the users settings.

Here's a screenshot of the metadata manager with the empty library highlighted, When click on the little arrow to expand the tree, the arrow disappears but it doesn't expand.

533af4cc93566_MB1.png

If I search a series that I know is in that library I can find it:

533af52ec8e5e_MB2.png

If I then select the series and click on edit, this is what it looks like:

533af5b5b8dc2_MB3.png

And finally, this is the folder setting:

533af662d259c_MB4.png

zombieagain

I will try to clear everything out and reset all the library again with UNC paths and see if that helps. Is it enough to remove all the folders, restart the server and add them again, or should i delete some files too?

don't do any of that. just leave it and setup a teamviewer session and i'll take a look. i'm not available for that now but will be later.

pagali

According to the wiki and all the experts, you really SHOULD use UNC paths in all your media folders, or else use Path Substitution to properly redirect them. Maybe you need to clear everything out and start from scratch?

zombieagain

Cool! Thanks for doing that.

I'm at work now and I will be for a few hours more but teamviewer is installed. Should I just send you ID and password as PM?

I just hope I'm not doing anything really dumb and wasting your time.

• 3 weeks later...
zombieagain

Hi, I ended up deleting the library.db files and two weeks later things are still working perfectly. I'm still using drive letter addresses.

Koleckai Silvestri

I've had this same issue for weeks now. 

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/6570-entering-into-some-media-folders-produces-error/

The Media Folders lose their contents and then 3 or 4 days later they reappear. Nothing changing on the configuration between the disappearance and the reappearance. I am using UNC shares on the same physical machine as the server. No drive pooling, no raid, etc... currently. Just a bunch of discs.

zombieagain

It seems like the same issue. What worked for me was shutdown the server and then delete library.db and refreshinfo.db in the Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data folder. Restarted the server and, finger crossed, the issue has not come back for the past few weeks.

Edited by zombieagain

• 2 years later...

Thank you my friend, I was with a similar problem, and your resolution did the trick!!

I have about 1600 movies in my collection, but every time I tried to identify a new one, the number was getting lower, and I had to do another refresh in my library.

Now, with your solution, the problem has been resolved!! Thank you again!!