Emby as the go-to Music streamer?

jellelle

jellelle

Hi all,

I love Emby for its customizability and great video support but I feel the music-section could use some more love to really make it stand out from the competition. I've tried them all: Plex, Subsonic, Airsonic, Ampache. Haven't tried Roon yet (500 dollar). For me, Plex is head-to-head with Emby. Both lack some essential features to have a great music experience. To me, Emby needs:

1. ////////////////////////////////////////////

Sorting ALBUMS by ARTIST - ALBUM, with the possibility of using A-...-Z buttons on the side

As requested here

2. ////////////////////////////////////////////

Sharing the current playlist to all users connected to a casted device (useful for when you are having a party and guest can add songs to the current playlist)

As requested here

3. ////////////////////////////////////////////

A list of all SONGS on the ARTIST-page. Useful for looking for a song by an Artist without knowing the song title (Now you have to click on every album separately)

artistsongs.jpg

4. ////////////////////////////////////////////

Android: Add a STOP-button in the quick settings and in the App (on the bottom). I know there is a STOP-button but to get there you need to do this: swipe down for quick settings - press on the song playing - press on the hamburger icon on the bottom right - ... and there is a STOP-button.

• Sometimes paused music starts playing after a telephone call
  • When I want to remove the player from quick settings

Quick settings:

Untitled_1.jpg

Bottom player:

Screenshot_20180709_221109.png

5. ////////////////////////////////////////////

Android (bug): when using the search function, it is not possible to add a selected song to the current playlist (Play next / Add to play queue):

Screenshot_20180709_212931.png

6. ////////////////////////////////////////////

Return more results when searching for a string from a song title (perhaps with "more' next to SONGS)

Capture2.jpg

7. ////////////////////////////////////////////

Show also the ARTIST when seach results are returned. Now only SONGTITLE and ALBUM are returned

Capture2.jpg

8. ////////////////////////////////////////////

Share saved playlists between users.

I created this thread because, as I keep browsing the internet for a better alternative, I noticed a lot of people have the same feeling: There isn't a good self-hosted music streaming software out there. Maybe Emby could take this place ;).

• Like 1

Hi, for #3 - we compared to many other music apps and found that most do not do this. We then decided to remove because we thought it was a little overwhelming to click on an artist and then see potentially hundreds of songs. @@ebr

For #2, yes you're right, we need this.

For #1 - the sorting is there, but currently you lose A-Z support. We can look at improving this in the future.

• Sometimes paused music starts playing after a telephone call

This won't happen anymore with the new update rolling out.

Hi, for #3 - we compared to many other music apps and found that most do not do this. We then decided to remove because we thought it was a little overwhelming to click on an artist and then see potentially hundreds of songs. @@ebr

In the context of a single artist, a song list should be doable.

What I think it unmanageable (especially on a TV) is a song list of every song in your library.

The ones related to search were easy. They will be in the next release of Emby Server, thanks.

• Like 1