Sorting by ratings is broken

Gerrit507

Gerrit507

I've recognized that when in movies overview the sorting is changed to rating it doesn't sort it by rating like for example in the browser or the normal Android app. I don't know what sorting logic it follows but it's definetly not the rating. I've tested this on two different ATV devices and a Fire TV Stick. One of the ATVs is on beta branch the other two devices are on stable.

I hope you can retrace this issue.

Hi.  I just tested this and it seems to be working fine.

Can you please provide some more details about exactly what is happening?

Thanks.

Gerrit507

For example if I sort by ratings in the webinterface it's correctly sorted by the imdb star rating either ascending or descending. In the ATV and FTV app it's justed not sorted at all by the rating. I've grouped multiple sources together to one "folder". Could that cause the issue?

Edited by Gerrit507

Sort by "Rating" in this app is sorting by the MPAA rating (G, PG, etc.)...

Gerrit507

Sort by "Rating" in this app is sorting by the MPAA rating (G, PG, etc.)...

Ok I see. In the german version it's called "Bewertung" which means "rating" within in the meaning of sth. like a star rating. The right term would be "Alterseinstufung" or "Altersfreigabe"(like in the webinterface)...

Is there a way to sort by the imdb rating then?

Edited by Gerrit507

Is there a way to sort by the imdb rating then?

Yes.  The option right below the one you are selecting.  "Critic Rating" in English...

Gerrit507

Yes.  The option right below the one you are selecting.  "Critic Rating" in English...

This sorts by the Rotten Tomatoes score on my device, and some of my movies don't even have a rating from that. In the webinterface I can choose by IMDB rating and critic rating(also rotten tomatoes). I just want to sort by the IMDB rating...

Gerrit507

What's the case now? Am I just unable to find the sorting by imdb rating or is it not implemented?

We will ensure the available sort orders are consistent with the web app. Thanks.

• Like 1