Amazon Prime video app

mastrmind11

mastrmind11

I randomly stumbled across the Amazon Prime Video app in the play store (wth, how did I miss that announcement?) and was curious if anyone w/ a MiBox was able to install it.  Thanks

maegibbons

I randomly stumbled across the Amazon Prime Video app in the play store (wth, how did I miss that announcement?) and was curious if anyone w/ a MiBox was able to install it.  Thanks

Hi

Looked on the playstore and it says that the Amazon prime app is incompatible with my Xiaomi MI Box :(

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

mastrmind11

Hi

Looked on the playstore and it says that the Amazon prime app is incompatible with my Xiaomi MI Box :(

Krs

Mark

Have you updated it yet to Oreo?

Gerrit507

It's already available for a few moths. I works on my Philips TV and they have replaced their old amazon app with this one from the playstore in the latest update. I'd reckon that it's only available for official Android TV devices, for example Sony and Philips TVs and the Nvidia Shield. You could still try to sideload the apk though. And btw the whole app is just horribly inconvenient to use in my opinion.

Edited by Gerrit507

maegibbons

Mi Box IS official Android TV device.

Krs

Mark

Gerrit507

Mi Box IS official Android TV device.

Krs

Mark

You're right. I didn't know that. Interesting device...

Yeah, Google and Amazon "made up" in this little spat around the new year.  Amazon stopped blocking YouTube and Google let Prime Video back in.