Android 7 only cast to "My Devices" Android 8 Devices gives full avail list

Trumax

Trumax

Hi.

Thanks for the Super Emby Server Solution.

All works good. But on my Android 7 Tablet (Huwei Mediapad M3) and Phone Huawei P9 it shows me only the Option to cast to "My Device"

Version latest Emby beta App 2.9.97.

In Chrome by open the Server on Desktop it gives me me a Full List. Phones, Tablets, Chromecast Devices (by clicking on the entry shows both, and the Server even).

Server version latest: 3.4.1.0

On my Android 8 Phone Sony XZ Premium it shows "my Device", Chrome emy Mobile, and the Chromecast Ultra, but not the Chromecast 2.?

same emby beta App 2.9.97

Streaming with this different Devices to Youtube, Netflix, and other works by showing both Chromecast

many thanks for help

Hi, on these devices do you have google play services installed and enabled? this will be required in order for Chromecast to work.

Trumax
Yes Play Service all installed and up to date. 

Casting with the Mediapad works to Youtube, Netflix or Plex.

When I open the emby app he shows me under the Cast Button only "my device"

No idea why this does not work on the Huawei Mediapad with Android 7?

​Other Devices gives me the Full avail List

Possible that it is a Huawei thing? and nothing to do with the Android version?

No idea why this does not work on the Huawei Mediapad with Android 7?

Edited by Trumax

It's strange, i"m not quite sure. The list actually comes from a google casting service that we use.

Hi ! 

I got the same problem when I moved from Marshmallow to Nougat on my tablet Mediapad M3 in july 2017. All others apps work flawlessly on my tablet with the chromecast 2 (Plex, OCS, Bein connect, Netflix, Youtube, Molotov TV, Arte, Spotify). I thought that Emby used a deprecated protocol as it is the only one which cannot detect the chromecast... 

Today I use Emby Server 3.5.0.0 (Emby Premiere) on Windows 10 and Emby 3.0.00 on Android. Mediapad still cannot see the chromecast.

My smartphone (Oreo 8 - Honor 8 Pro) detects and cast with no problems on Emby.

Of course, like Trumax, Google Play Services is up to date. The fact that all others apps cast seems to induce that this is an implementation problem in the android version... 

I hope that could help to investigate further.

brianbsaylor7

Same BS no cast. In on Nougat here also. Google play services. Can they be disabled.Nexus 7 cast perfect but charging dock failed. Waiting on part. Thanks

We'll do some additional testing to see if we can reproduce this. Thanks guys.

brianbsaylor7

How to I find a server. I'm a noob. Retired coal miner who what's to catch up on tech. Been fooling with Kodi. I heard Emby was great. Thx

How to I find a server. I'm a noob. Retired coal miner who what's to catch up on tech. Been fooling with Kodi. I heard Emby was great. Thx

Hi.  You install your own server.  Please see: Quick start

Thanks.