Stereo audio on all files - Android Box & Android TV

sudocrem

sudocrem

I am connecting to a Bacon feet remote server.

The videos stream perfectly fine and without transcoding. However, regardless of the 5.1 or 7.1 audio track in the file - Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS Master Audio - I only get stereo audio. The experience is the same on the Emby app on both the Android mobile app (on a minix Android Box) and the Android TV app on a new Philips OLED TV.

The only way I was able to get DD/DTS/DTS-MA was to install Embycon in Kodi.

Is Emby not able to pass through audio on the mobile/TV apps?

Hi, the mobile app currently cannot, but the TV app can. It uses native android components so you'll want to check your android system sound settings. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

sudocrem

Hi Luke

Thanks for the quick reply! In the Android settings on the TV there is no option to set sound settings (unlike an nvidia shield TV I presume). On the TV itself the audio out setting is set to HDMI.

So, perhaps there is a default setting in Android TV that I cannot access on the TV. In saying that, I don't experience the same issue with the Plex Android TV app (albeit streaming from a local NAS). With Plex, the audio is passed through to the receiver.

Do you have any plans to add audio passthrough for the mobile app? I imagine there are plenty of people with an Android Box that would love this feature.

We do have a setting in the TV app related to downmixing. You may want to check and make sure that's not enabled. Beyond this I'll need @@ebr to step in and advise.

As far as the mobile app, yes it's possible for the future. Thanks.

sudocrem

I hwent back into the settings just make sure, and the audio autput setting is set to auto.