IPTV not streaming on 2014 (H)

benNZ

benNZ

Hi there

I have two Samsung TVs, the first is a UE22H5600 (H) and the second a UA49MU6400 (M), both use the same profile, access the same Emby Server and only IPTV works on tv M, however it used to work on tv H and also WMC10 but I stopped using WMC10 when I moved to Samsung TV app.

I only watch one IPTV stream, and it works without fault on tv M, plus works on Emby Theater, Emby HTML5, Emby Server (via the browser), and VLC.  It does not work on tv H, or Emby for Android (Samsung S9+). 

It hasn’t worked on tv H for some time, I forget since when but with the recent update I thought I’d try again.  It failed.  Things I’ve tried today:

• Reinstalled app – fail
  • Reinstalled app and changed country to Ireland (as was US) – fail
  • Reinstalled app and changed country back to US – fail
  • Updated app on tv M - success
  • Tested using other apps – success
  • Tv H and Android – fail

I’ve tried a number of different IPTV streams, they work as above.  There are no apparent errors in the logs so I’m assuming there may be a difference in how Tizen and Orsay apps are processing the stream that is sent by the server. I've also tried changing the stream type to File, RTMP and RTSP, I doubted this would work but File works as above.

Tv H allows me to select and play the stream, however it just shows the loading circle.  The app is still functional and I can ‘go back’ and then select other downloaded media and that plays fine.

Happy to test or trial other suggestions.  Log file attached.

Thanks

Ben

Log.txt

Edited by benNZ

Hi there, I would suggest trying again with the next release of emby server, thanks.

benNZ

Ok thanks Luke.  Do you have a rough ETA for the next version, and I'll pick this up again then?

Thanks

Edited by benNZ