Running Manual "Scan Libray" wipes out entire Poster Wall...

Chuck_IV
Go to solution Solved by Chuck_IV,

Chuck_IV

So I had all my movies all set and I added one and ran a "Scan Library" on the Movie share to update the wall and when I did, it wiped out the entire wall. When I look at my "Movies" secion it is just blank., as seen below. When I go to the metadata manager, all the movies are still listed there just fine, but the Poster wall is empty as seen here as well as in any app I access the server from. I've attached the log as well.

5b41b0e4203e2_Blank.jpg

Log.txt

Chuck_IV

No. The only way to make them come back is if I completely remove the library and re-add it back.

Can you show screenshots of what your emby library setup screen looks like? i'd like to see all of the libraries. thanks.

Chuck_IV

This? At the time of the screenshot, the movie library was readded and being rebuilt(thus no poster yet for the library)...

5b41b66824aa1_Libraries.jpg

Chuck_IV

So, an interesting thing is, I ran the scan library on the TV and Home Video libraries they work fine. Everything remains intact. It's only the movies library that has the issue.

It you browse to the movie folder you're certain the files are still there, right?

• Solution
Chuck_IV

I figured out what was causing it.

What I was trying to do was split out the 2nd Harry Potter Deathly Hallows movie. It was initially recognized as being a second part of the first movie and wasn't showing on the actual movie wall, but underneath part 1. So what I was doing was going into the 2nd part's metadata and changing the type from "Inherent" to "Show" and rerunning the Scan Library. THIS is what caused the movie wall to completely disappear, as seen above. After reading another thread, I split these two movies into their own directories, so they would show up as separate movies. Doing this FIXED the scanning issue as I can scan and not lose my movie wall.

That's a nasty little, what I consider, bug when changing the metadata type of an inherent movie.  

• 2 weeks later...