No files on SAMSUNG TV in DLNA

Vlada

Vlada

Hi Luke,

I searched the forum for answer but didn't found anything. 

The problem is with my SAMSUNG UHD TV (55hu7500) where I don't get any files to be visible. I see the folders but no files.

I tried several profiles, no luck.

I could use the app for Samsung TV but it requires sign in each time I start the TV. 

Is there any solution yet?

Thanks

Vlada

Have you installed the store app or did you side load the community app?

Vlada

I would like to use the DLNA server access.The app is working.I used the developer account and installed the app through internet.

FrostByte

As far as the community app goes, did you go into settings and tell it to remember your account?  Also, you need to use a server profile and not a connect account.  Connect doesn't work with that app for some reason.

I assume you don't live in the US, UK, or Ireland then.  The official app is available in the Samsung store if you do.  Unfortunately, that app is still waiting for Samsung to be released WW.

I don't use DLNA though so can't really help you there

Vlada

Yes,I checked the box to remember the login data.But I really would like to use the DLNA and not the app.I am in Czech Republic.

Vlada

After I enter the folder where should be the movie files (mkv, mp4) or mp3 files it gives me an error "There are no files to show".

Thanks. I would suggest trying again with the next release of emby server as there have been some changes that may affect this.

I upgraded to the last beta but nothing changed. I can see all the folders I have on my Emby server, but after entering any folder it says "No files to show". It works in Plex.

FrostByte

I'm seeing the same thing as @Vlada on my 2014. 

I can see three folders 

5b4769c3e6d8c_WP_20180712_003.jpg

But when I click on any of them I see something like this:

5b4769ea85e3d_WP_20180712_004.jpg

My settings are:

5b476a16765ce_DLNA.jpg

This has worked in the past, it's just been a very long time since I tried because of course I prefer the app.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

FrostByte

FYI it's just my Orsay TV which no longer works with DLNA.  My 2018 Tizen works fine.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

@@FrostByte - Yes, this is the situation I get on my Samsung TV.

And it seems there is really a problem inside the TV and not Emby, because the DLNA browsing through Emby server files is working perfectly on my OPPO Bluray player. 

Dammed Samsung. It was working a few months ago. 

Thanks for help.

It's probably something we have to figure out how to work around for these older models.

• Like 1