Premiere account - Shield says on trial

tremor_tj
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

tremor_tj

Is there any way to get the Emby app on Shield to realize I have a lifetime premiere account?  It's telling me it's going to expire on July 19.  Works fine on my phone, just not on Shield.

Hi, just to confirm, have you entered your Emby Premiere key into your Emby Server dashboard?

maegibbons

Also, make sure the Shield has internet access.  Both server and client need to reach mb3admin.com.

This also assumes that the shield is connecting to a server where the key is installed.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

tremor_tj

Yes,  the shield has access to the internet.  I have also entered the key in the dashboard.  As I said, the emby app on my phone works without the trial thing coming up, either on my home network or using cellular data.

I double checked networking on the Shield.  It's using DHCP through my router.  All other apps that require network access are working fine.

I'm stumped :)

• Solution

The Shield will recognize it is no longer a trial within 24 hours of entering the key.  When did you enter the key?

• Like 1

tremor_tj

According to my wife, it is no longer issuing the trial message.  It HAS been over 24 hours since I set everything up, but I should have checked this morning before leaving for work.  I'm guessing it activated last night somewhere in that 24 hour window.  It was probably later at night than I remembered when I installed. 

Thanks for the suggestions and taking the time to respond.

Advice to anyone with the same issue...give it 2 - 3 days.

Just for clarification, if it had been expired, it  would have validated immediately.  It is only because the app was validated to operate that there was a lag and it was only cosmetic (indicating it was in trial).

In order to keep from hammering our server, the app caches successful validations for a period of time.  So we just needed to wait out this period.

Thanks.

maegibbons

Hi

For my info (and possibly others)

Can you force it to re-validate by deleting the app data and cache?

Krs

Mark

Hi

For my info (and possibly others)

Can you force it to re-validate by deleting the app data and cache?

Krs

Mark

Yes.  A clear data or re-install would do it.